Booked a family suite with two double beds and one pull out couch. Pocket doors separate the living space from the sleeping space. Heater in each room. Heater in the bedroom did not work, but heater from the living area was sufficient to warm the entire space. Hide a bed had the WORST "mattress" I have ever experienced at a hotel or otherwise. This mattress was nothing more than a sheet of springs with a thin piece of tough cotton covering it. It reminded me of a vending machine and the metal spirals that hold your snack in place. I was honest and declared all my guests at check in which resulted in a $40 rate hike per night. There were people running around the courtyard and yelling accross the breezeway to one another until at least 11:30 at night.
I will probably stay at this hotel again only if it were to cost me close to $100. Parking was $20 and the garage attendants were all very friendly. Front desk staff was helpful at check in, but got a bit snippy when we explained some of the problems to them in the morning. Insisting that we should have called durning the night so they can take care of the issues on the spot. We did not ask for a credit on the stay, but the clerk offered $10 of our $203 bill. Not even enough to cover the San Francisco lodging tax of 14%. I had mentioned in my reservation that I may bring my dog. I did not bring my dog, but at check in and check out they asked me twice if I had. If I did, it would have resulted in another $25 fee.
Decor is modern and the hotel has an interesting layout. Pool is heated and there are a few places designated for smoking if you need them. If you're going with a large group and are looking for a large family type room, I would not recommend this hotel. If you're already spending $200 on a two star experience, spend $300 and get a real San Francisco room. The Beresford Arms near union square has a room that is a bit bigger and would come in around $225 depending on the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western PLUS Americania Hotel is a 143-room boutique hotel with a fun and amusing design of understaed references to classic American pasttimes. With guest rooms, meeting space and the Custom Burger and Lounge located on site, the hotel provides a San Francisco hotel experience well suited for vacationers, families, and business travelers alike and is the ideal setting for small business meetings and social functions.Located in the vibrant South of Market (SoMA) district, the convenient location provides quick access to many of San Francisco's top attractions including Civic Center Plaza, Moscone Convention Center, Union Square, Westfield Shopping Centre and Cable Cars that will take you to Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Americania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco
- Best Western Hotel Americania
- Best Western San Francisco
- San Francisco Best Western