“Free parking, Good Location, Good Value”
Review of Coventry Motor Inn

Coventry Motor Inn
Ranked #33 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We booked two rooms and were able to check in early. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It is a older place that is well maintained. The free parking was great. There was street noise from Lombard. The front desk staff were pleasant. We walked to Pacific Catch for supper about 5-6 blocks away. More places to eat or pick up snacks. Large TV and free internet connection. Felt safe to stay there. Would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Stayed on the third floor not facing Lombard street
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sdblue1944
Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I selected this hotel based on pricing, location and parking....it was a good call. The room was interior (I wouldn't want to hear the noise from Lombard Street) and the bed was comfortable. The wifi was fast even though I was on the third floor. The only issue is that there isn't a place nearby for a decently priced breakfast. However the location is close to many bus stops (called Muni) that will take you everywhere you want to go. Golden Gate Bridge...take the 28 west. Chinatown or Fisherman's Wharf? Walk one block west and take the 30 south.

The front desk guy, whose name I cannot remember, was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Interior rooms offer no view but are very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rafael B
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel lives up to its high rating. I am very satisfied and happy to stay here. The room was large, clean, and well-maintained. Loved the Tempurpedic mattress! The bathroom is large with the toilet positioned to be out of the way. The room is quite sound proof considering noisy next door rooms were hardly heard. There is almost everything you need close by, such as restaurants, a corner convenience store, the bus lines. You did not have to wait long for maid service. There is a large flat screen TV. The only cons I have are no TV station listing in the room, maid forgot to leave coffee, well that's all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RealPerson65
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Good place to stay during your visit in SF.
Take the bus to the centre or walk to the bay !
The bed is good the bathroom and a good price ! Check in is easy, friendly staff !
Check out the store nearby which sells water, beers and so on !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff who were always able to recommend somewhere to go out and happy to call cabs etc. Well placed on US101 near to Fisherman's Wharf and only about $10 cab to downtown. Rooms were clean and smelt good. Free WiFi was pretty quick. Secure underground parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank HipsterJim
Reviewed February 13, 2014

When I made the reservation for the Coventry Motor Inn, I spoke to Vince. He recommended room 323 since I wanted a quiet room with a view. I could see the top of the Golden Gate Bridge from the room. Since it was a corner room, I did not hear any slamming doors or noises from the adjoining rooms. Perfect for me. Thank you Vince for taking the time to help me even before I arrived at the hotel.

I wanted an early check in so I called about 10 o'clock and spoke to Isabelle. I asked her if she would call me to let me know when the room was ready. At 11 AM, Isabelle called to say the room was ready and I could check in. What incredible customer service! Isabelle was so kind and helpful. It made my day to be able to unload my things and then go sightseeing. Thank you Isabelle.

When I checked out the next day, I met a third member of the staff, Tony. He arranged a taxi for me and helped me get with my bags. Another sweet person at the hotel.

Service like I received at the Coventry was not what I expected at a 2 star hotel. Thanks again to all three of you for helping to make my stay memorable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Carol O
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I can't say I'd usually look twice at accommodation with "Motor Inn" attached to the name. But after reading the reviews, I was convinced this accommodation would be perfect for our short stay in San Francisco.

And it really was perfect for us. Conveniently located. Clean. Comfortable. And fairly quiet.

They have onsite parking which is a major bonus.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I'll definitely be staying at the good old Coventry Motor Inn on our next visit to San Fran.

Keep it up!