“Lives Up to its High Rating”
Review of Coventry Motor Inn

Coventry Motor Inn
Ranked #33 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel lives up to its high rating. I am very satisfied and happy to stay here. The room was large, clean, and well-maintained. Loved the Tempurpedic mattress! The bathroom is large with the toilet positioned to be out of the way. The room is quite sound proof considering noisy next door rooms were hardly heard. There is almost everything you need close by, such as restaurants, a corner convenience store, the bus lines. You did not have to wait long for maid service. There is a large flat screen TV. The only cons I have are no TV station listing in the room, maid forgot to leave coffee, well that's all.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RealPerson65
Write a ReviewReviews (1,597)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Good place to stay during your visit in SF.
Take the bus to the centre or walk to the bay !
The bed is good the bathroom and a good price ! Check in is easy, friendly staff !
Check out the store nearby which sells water, beers and so on !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff who were always able to recommend somewhere to go out and happy to call cabs etc. Well placed on US101 near to Fisherman's Wharf and only about $10 cab to downtown. Rooms were clean and smelt good. Free WiFi was pretty quick. Secure underground parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank HipsterJim
Reviewed February 13, 2014

When I made the reservation for the Coventry Motor Inn, I spoke to Vince. He recommended room 323 since I wanted a quiet room with a view. I could see the top of the Golden Gate Bridge from the room. Since it was a corner room, I did not hear any slamming doors or noises from the adjoining rooms. Perfect for me. Thank you Vince for taking the time to help me even before I arrived at the hotel.

I wanted an early check in so I called about 10 o'clock and spoke to Isabelle. I asked her if she would call me to let me know when the room was ready. At 11 AM, Isabelle called to say the room was ready and I could check in. What incredible customer service! Isabelle was so kind and helpful. It made my day to be able to unload my things and then go sightseeing. Thank you Isabelle.

When I checked out the next day, I met a third member of the staff, Tony. He arranged a taxi for me and helped me get with my bags. Another sweet person at the hotel.

Service like I received at the Coventry was not what I expected at a 2 star hotel. Thanks again to all three of you for helping to make my stay memorable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Carol O
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I can't say I'd usually look twice at accommodation with "Motor Inn" attached to the name. But after reading the reviews, I was convinced this accommodation would be perfect for our short stay in San Francisco.

And it really was perfect for us. Conveniently located. Clean. Comfortable. And fairly quiet.

They have onsite parking which is a major bonus.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I'll definitely be staying at the good old Coventry Motor Inn on our next visit to San Fran.

Keep it up!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank udivasdotcom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This inn provides excellent value and comfort for a very reasonable price. The beds are the most comfortable I've found in any hotel. The room was larger than I expected and very clean. The front desk staff are wonderful and able to answer any questions you may have. There is ample free parking with 2 lots available - one on the lobby level and one underground. The inn is located in a very safe neighbourhood with many good restaurants just a few blocks away. No breakfast but there is an IHOP just up the road. You are fairly close to the Presidio and Golden Gate Park but Fisherman's Wharf is a bit of a hike or there is public transportation too. This hotel is only rated as a 2-star so if you are expecting fancy, you will be disappointed. But it is exceptional for its class and we were very comfortable here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank frasal2013
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were so pleased with our stay at Coventry Motor Inn while in San Francisco. The price was so reasonable, and the front desk staff was always very friendly and extremely helpful. We had a rental car and the onsite parking was so convenient. It's very close to a lot of restaurants and diners, and the room was very spacious and very clean. We found the location very easy to find and quite close to downtown and the golden gate park. We've recommended this little place to our friends who are booking their holiday in San Francisco.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple