I stayed here 5 nights with my sister, we had a huge room with 2 double beds, a small table and 2 chairs plus a TV unit. The room itself was dated, the wall paper faded, with parts starting to peel off, but overall it clean and the beds were comfy. the only struggle we had is that we had real difficulty in turning on the 2 lamps in the room, so much so that we had to get a member of staff to show us and he even he had difficulty at first!! the bathroom was also very clean, but wished the shower had a bit more pressure.
We booked this room based on the reviews on trip advisor, mostly because it was one of the few hotel / motel in san francisco that wasn't horrifcally over priced and had generally positive reviews, the only negative would be that when i booked online I had requested a room away from Lombard Street, but instead we got a corner room which faced Lombard.
Staff on front desk were nice and friendly (? tony) he was able to give us directions to a local food store, plus local restaurants and he also told us of an area to avoid in san francisco.
Our first night we went down a few blocks for dinner, to a diner called Mel's however the food was really poor here, cold and generally not pleasant. we didn't bother to eat here again, instead choosing to eat down in pier 39 which is a 40minute walk from the hotel. for breakfast we went to an iHOP which is just a little further down from Mel's.
The only concern we had was that we met a couple in the lift on our first morning and they said they had ipads, money, jewellery stolen from their room and advised us to either lock our valubles away or take them with us for the day. How true their story is I will never know, but it's always smart not to leave valuables out on display and it did make our stay a little uncomfortable as we couldn't be sure the staff could be trusted.
Conveniently, the Big Bus Sightseeing tour company had 2 stops on Lombard Street so we could hop on and hop off just 2 blocks down the street from the Motel.
I would happily recommend this place, sure the rooms are a little dated, but they are clean, comfortable and a great place to lay your head at night
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coventry Motor Inn features spacious, tastefully decorated rooms. Rooms are available with your choice of one king, two queen, or two double beds to ensure your comfort.Each room has a comfortable, well lit seating and work area, individually controlled heat and air-conditioning, direct-dial phone, coffee maker, and color TV.Other conviniences include free covered parking and ready public transportation to all parts of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Coventry Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coventry Motor Hotel San Francisco
- Coventry Hotel San Francisco
- Coventry Motel San Francisco
- Coventry Inn San Francisco