“A New Home in SF”

Ranked #115 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
seattle
“A New Home in SF”
Reviewed April 26, 2006

I now know where I will stay whenever I visit San Francisco. A fantastic location in the Marina District within blocks of Union Street or Lombard Street shopping and dining. An easy walk to Pier 39 and the cable cars, and one bus a couple of blocks away that will take you to Golden Gate Bridge / Presidio and then Golden Gate Park, and another that will drop you off a block from ATT Park -- who could ask for more.

The staff was not only friendly but amazingly helpful ( I arrived in town 730 am and they not only allowed me to check in they didn't charge me extra for it).

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank dalemeken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Modesto,Ca
Reviewed September 28, 2005

Well the bed was uncomfortable but everything else was average. Room was clean and area was safe. There appeared to be plenty of parking and it was in a good location in Marina District. I'd say it was average because of the good location.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank stoliandtonic_8
LA
Reviewed August 22, 2005

I think that if you're looking for an hotel somewhere in the city, then you can think of this one as an option. the rooms are ok. high speed internet wireless for free, good price and good location.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank Idan_net
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 3, 2004

I booked five rooms for my out-of-town friends for an engagement party. Two days before all of my friends arrived, the hotel canceled ALL of the reservations and offered NO help finding new accommodations. Although they lied about a "boiler room problem" I believe the got an offer at a higher rate so my friends were out on the street. It's not worth the risk.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

sydney, australia
Reviewed October 22, 2004

I was interested to see the reviewer's comments about the Motel Capri being too noisy. I'd be interested in hearing how he/she found it to be too noisy - was it street noise, noisy neighbours, what? We stayed there for about 10 days in March 03 and didn't find it noisy at all. We found most of the staff pleasant and helpful, although there was one who had a severe attitude problem. From our overall experience, it's very good value for money. We just love San Francisco and can't wait to return. And yes, we'll stay at the Capri again. Regards to y'all from down under!

5 Thank mfj
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 24, 2004

I have stayed at the motel many times (a regular customer) it is always noisy but for the price you could not beat it.

But the last time we stayed it was too noisy and after attempts to get management to do something (they refused) and trying to sleep we checked out 3 hours after checking in. We were told our CC card was refunded only a week later to find it was not

Ten telephone calls and many weeks the management would not return calls and finaly refuses to refund my money, even though I have a refund (they have refused to finalize the process) as of todays date no refund which is in my book stealing my money.

This is comming from a Regular customer how would they treat a one time visitor ?/???

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, TX
Reviewed January 19, 2004

I'm glad to hear it's still a great value! I stayed some years ago and found it very clean, comfortable and quiet, with nice management and plenty of retro atmosphere (the neon sign shone right in my window, just like in an old movie).

4 Thank 7870faubourg