“Highly recommend for most”
Review of Motel Capri

Motel Capri
Ranked #120 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First off I would like to say I would definitely stay in this hotel again. It is an older motel and the outside looks a bit outdated but the rooms are nicely updated and modernized and very clean, the beds were comfy, the TV was HUGE with lots of cable channels, the shower was hot, hot, hot with great pressure, room has a mico and frig, free wifi and you definitely can't beat the price! With that said it might not be for everyone. It is about 1.5 miles to Pier 39/Fisherman's Wharf which for my husband and I was not a bad walk at all. It was pretty quiet during the week but Friday and Saturday evenings you could hear some young adults who were getting ready for the night out but again for us it was not that loud and quieted down beofre 11 and we had no issues with traffic noise at all. The free parking was pretty full but we always managed to get the last one or two spots. The breakfast in the morning was meager with toast, english muffins wome packaged danishes and coffee/tea/OJ but again for what you are paying for the hotel I wouldn't complain. The area around the hotel is very nice, very clean and feels quite safe. There is an IHOP, diner and many restaurants/bars within a few blocks walking distance as well as public transportation however we did not use this.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel Capri

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This motel has free parking(!) in a great area of SF (be sure to check our Chestnut St). It doesn't look like much from the outside, but is very clean and comfortable inside. Good beds and a nice shower. Very friendly and helpful staff. The only drawback, as already mentioned, the walls are thin. Fortunately, my neighbors were quiet so I was able to sleep well, but as soon as the traffic and buses started up on the morning I was wide awake. I would stay here again..I would just bring earplugs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

When we arrived, from the outside I was initially disappointed. However, once opening the door of the room, we were pleasantly surprised.
The room was clean and well appointed. Microwave, fridge, big screen tv with cable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Staff were not super friendly, but we didn't really need them anyway.
I would happily recommend this accommodation.
No fitness centre or restaurant, but only a 5 minute walk from a lot of restaurants and cafes.
Also only a five minute walk to public transport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GlennAsq
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Rooms were clean, comfortable, a good size, free wifi and well connected with bus routes (pink bathroom suite mind you but you get over that!). Nice restaurants and cafes nearby too. Great value as weekend we were here rates were through the roof everywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights the sheets were clean and it makes your sleep better! It was under renovation so the room had no hanger for the clothes. You could also walk a little to catch some public transpo~

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just visited San Fran for 2 weeks and Capri Motel was a great place to stay. We had one of the larger suites and it was clean, tidy and spacious. The rooms have all recently been remodeled with new paint, furniture, LCD TVs and comfy beds. We had a mini kitchen and a fridge which was really useful.
The maids are really polite and lovely and the reception staff are very helpful. Family run, they were courteous and always willing a accomodate.....I had no issues!
A complementary breakfast is offered to all customers which is basic but is a nice offering for those with limited time to get something more substancial. The Motel is just10 mins away from Fisherman's Wharf and is close to local shops and cafes.

A very nice motel which is great for staying over when you intend to visit the sites of SF, a busy and noisy city but that is part and parcel of staying in a active and lively part of America.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's not a bad hotel for it's price range (I booked through http://booking.com so I didn't pay the $400 people were complaining about, though I wouldn't have chosen this hotel if it was).
The walls are PAPER thin. I could hear the guy next to me singing in a normal voice, not projecting. Then on the second night, I heard him bring a chick in. I was praying I wasn't going to hear night moves, if you know what I mean..(good news, I didn't). She got all excited about how nice the room was. Hi.
Being on the 3rd floor, I actually liked the bathroom which had a skylight. The interior was cute and modern, but the paint job looked like they hired my family. Translation, sloppy. Also, this hotel is a family run place. It's all relatives who work there so I totally get why not a single eff was given by the staff.
Parking wasn't an issue for me. I think people are forgetting they are in SF and shouldn't leave a shred of paper in the car. Rental cars are a red flag for would be thieves.
WI-FI gives out after 5 minutes.
Again, this is SF. It's hard to get a decent room in the city for less than 200 bucks a night. I think I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business