“Great if you want to hear your neighbor”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel Capri

Motel Capri
Ranked #110 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Fountain Valley, California
“Great if you want to hear your neighbor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's not a bad hotel for it's price range (I booked through http://booking.com so I didn't pay the $400 people were complaining about, though I wouldn't have chosen this hotel if it was).
The walls are PAPER thin. I could hear the guy next to me singing in a normal voice, not projecting. Then on the second night, I heard him bring a chick in. I was praying I wasn't going to hear night moves, if you know what I mean..(good news, I didn't). She got all excited about how nice the room was. Hi.
Being on the 3rd floor, I actually liked the bathroom which had a skylight. The interior was cute and modern, but the paint job looked like they hired my family. Translation, sloppy. Also, this hotel is a family run place. It's all relatives who work there so I totally get why not a single eff was given by the staff.
Parking wasn't an issue for me. I think people are forgetting they are in SF and shouldn't leave a shred of paper in the car. Rental cars are a red flag for would be thieves.
WI-FI gives out after 5 minutes.
Again, this is SF. It's hard to get a decent room in the city for less than 200 bucks a night. I think I got what I paid for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hollywood, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

It was the cheapest hotel in the fishermen wharf's area. It was good for the price paid. The hallways and stairs need painting and the elevator should be remodeled. The room was very nice and clean and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel in a great location.
From the outside the property may not say much but never judge a book by its cover, inside are lovely modern rooms with great facilities.
The manager Ricky is a STAR and could not do enough for my and my family.
The price is amazing and one of my best stays in SF....

• Stayed September 2013
Crawley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the room I was staying in, although it was a bit shabby around the edges. However one of the rooms we booked was given to someone else earlier in the day so instead of one king size bed it had two doubles. Also, the lift was temperamental when we tried to leave which meant having to drag the suitcases downstairs. The keys we were given for our room didn't work on multiple occasions and we had to get them renewed every day because of this. One time we got them renewed and they still didn't work and the man behind the desk just laughed at the fact that we were annoyed they continually didn't work. It was in a good location to get to the bay easily where you can get to anywhere from but was not the best. We booked two rooms and they were no where near each other which we requested for when we booked the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay... rooms are good breakfast is decent for free. ...batrooms are just okay.....
Location is amazing... free parki g is awesome. Big bus tour stop is very close. .. all restaurants are near by...
Nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Boronia, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very happy with the room clean and nicely updated,comfy bed 42inch tv & air conditioner/heater free wi-.fi and onsite free parking . Short drive to fisherman's wharf and right near lombard street. Staff polite and helpful. Would recommend it to all it ticks all the boxes :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple