Wyndham Canterbury at San Francisco
$230
$208
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$418
$323
  • Room Service
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Bar/Lounge
$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$323
$249
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$401
$254
$279
$209
  • Room Service
All reviewstime sharepresidential suitetimeshare presentationfull kitchenone bedroom unitfree breakfasttimeshare propertytimeshare saleswasher and dryerliving roomwelcome packunion squareconcierge desksmall kitchenettepull out couchpublic transportationsutter st
Reviewed January 12, 2013

these people treat you like they own you. The lady at front desk wont leave you alone about touring timeshare ..we finally said yes and the timeshare lady insulted us about our marriage and our money.she called the cop at hotel. I was embarrased for the ownwer who shared their unit with us.you will get no peace here until you agree to tour.dont do it.they will ruin your trip..made my wife cry and she doesn't cry easily...please stay away

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Janice S
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The best thing about the Wyndham Canterbury is their staff. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, was super friendly and eager to be helpful (even the folks who had to work on Christmas Day). Any problem we had was addressed immediately. The concierge, Julieta, was wonderful, and went out of her way to make suggestions, print out walking or bus directions, you name it!
The location was ideal--convenient to cable car lines, trolleys, an easy walk to a variety of restaurants, and (best thing) 5 blocks from a Trader Joe's.
The room was clean and well appointed, if the foldout bed was a bit lumpy. Nice kitchenette facilities. The dishwasher had a leak that was fixed as soon as we brought it to the attention of the management.
Now, though we booked this as a hotel, it is in fact a "vacation rental", aka time share. There will be the expected sales session. The arrangement makes sense if you vacation a certain way, but we don't. And I don't mean to damn with faint praise that this was the least annoying sales pitch for such a spot as we've ever gotten. We were treated respectfully, and we appreciated that. Given that, I don't know how easy this is to book for one stay outside of the sysetm, but they do have 80 or so reviews, so apparently not. We were fully satisfied, and would recommend it to anyone. And the only reason I gave the staff five stars is that I can't give them seven.l

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KentheEnchanter
Reviewed December 19, 2012

What part of NO don't these sales people understand? We clearly communicated our intentions and refusal to "upgrade" at the beginning of the presentation, but they were ignored left and right. The sales rep took it personal and was barking all the way to the lobby which eventually turned into a heated argument. The guilt trips of wasting their time didn't work on my Italian blood, but nice try. Wasted my precious time, the sales rep completely ignored the fact that I made plans for the day. The overall experience I had with timeshare presentation really lowered the quality of my vacation experience.

The rooms were decent, well decorated. Their 24 hour onsite activity/gym/entertainment rooms were wonderful. Lastly, our room was haunted.

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank agpellegrinaggio
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this resort. I was taken back at the daily parking rate but quickly realized that its the going rate in SF.

Location is ideal for shopping at Union Square during the day and the bars/clubs at night.

Rooms are beautifully furnished and offer a warm comfortable homely stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Sacjp4
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wyndham Canterbury is a wonderful hotel in a great location. The facility is very clean and nicely appointed; our one bedroom unit was large, and comfortable to the point of luxury. If anything, though, the great physical facility is second to the staff in making this an enjoyable place to stay. From the doorman through the front desk and concierge desk (especially the concierge desk) to the maids, every employee of the hotel is friendly and helpful. The hotel is a couple of blocks from Union Square and Chinatown. Transportation is close -- the cable cars run near by, buses and trolleys are available to take you most anywhere, and BART is not too far for trips to the airport and to the East Bay. We didn't have a car and didn't feel that we needed one -- good thing as parking is $31 per day. Our preferred way to see a city is on foot and the Wyndham Canterbury's central location made it easy to get everywhere we wanted to go. There are plenty of bars and restaurants near the hotel open at all hours, and there are plans to put a restaurant in the hotel itself. We had a great time in San Francisco, at least partly due to staying in this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple