Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$418
$323
  • Room Service
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$203
  • Bar/Lounge
$219
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
$323
$249
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$420
Agoda.com
$279
$209
  • Room Service
All reviewshouse carfull kitchenfire pitwasher and dryertwo bedroom apartmentthree bedroomghirardelli chocolate factoryfisherman's wharfbay viewcar servicecadillac escaladegary dankowine and cheeseliving areacontinental breakfastsf bayfamily vacation
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Fairmont Heritage Place in Ghirardelli Square (San Francisco) is an amazing hotel. It is actually more like a condominium (2 bedrooms and full kitchen). The wonderful staff will pick up food from any of the 3 restaurants around the hotel for you. I was a bit concerned because some hotels that have kitchenettes are not very luxurious, but the Fairmont was amazing! We have two small children and staying in this hotel with kids was absolutely wonderful. It is definitely 5 stars (and I am a very picky). The location is also amazing. I have stayed at many luxury hotels and this was by far one of the best. We will never stay anywhere else when traveling to San Francisco.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fabulous. Perfect location with amazing rooms. We only stayed one night, but I wish I could live there! Seven of us shared a suite, with two bedrooms, two baths, and a
huge kitchen/living room with a pullout sofa.
The kids were in awe. I loved
the exposed brick and the
huge windows in the bedrooms. The best part of the hotel is LOCATION. You can't get a better spot to enjoy the city! We walked down to the waterfront, went out for dinner, and then back to the hotel. When we'd all decided that we had room for ice cream, we just walked out the back door of the hotel and straight into Ghiradelli Square's shop for some to-die-for desserts! The hotel also has patios with fire pits that overlook the square. Amazing. The next morning-- breakfast included. What more can you ask for?
The only problem we had
the entire time was trying to get parked to check-in. The lot we were directed to was full, so we pulled up to the front of the hotel and had to Valet park, which was about $60. That's the price you pay for being smack in the middle of the action!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank seneruss
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wow. Just wow. I found this hotel on Trip Advisor, so I really have to pay it forward and review it too, so maybe another family will find this hotel and enjoy it as much as we did! Stayed here with my family of 5 for 4 nights. if I could have stayed a week, I would. This property was just amazing in every single way. Location, amenities, cleanliness, service, décor, employees. I can't think of one thing I would change. Everything from the Le Labo soaps to the ultra-attentive concierge and front desk staff was just above and beyond expectations. This is the perfect location for exploring San Francisco, but a warm cozy place to come "home" to after a day of sightseeing. I loved the town car service. With a family of 5, this was a nice amenity and we were able to use the car to go to and from a few nice dinners in the city (Slanted Door and Trattoria Pinocchio- I recommend both!). My husband and I enjoyed coming home at night and pouring a glass of wine and sitting by one of the fire pits. My kids enjoyed to movies that came with a complimentary bag of popcorn. The units were beautifully furnished- wonderful bedding, beautiful showers and a functional kitchen area. Breakfast was delicious and just enough to start the day- loads of fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and a hot entrée each day. You are close enough to the action of Fisherman's Wharf without having to be right in the middle of it. The smell of Ghirardelli chocolate greets you when you walk out the door. I'd recommend this property to anyone. I can't recall a nicer hotel experience. If I could give this rating 6 stars, I would.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank cljd
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We started our California trip selecting the perfect sight in San Francisco. Everything about the Fairmont Heritage is top notch. The Front Desk was delightful and very informative on the location, property, things to do and the rooms. A great welcome. The room was one of the best we have been in during our travels. Spacious, clean and everything we needed and expected, including great night's sleep. The staff was top notch as well. Anything we needed was there immediately with a warm smile. Housekeeping staff was accommodating beyond expectation, anticipating the extra towels we needed the following day. Anything and everything you could expect and not expect were in the room.

Breakfast was incredible, from the preparation to the service. It was like living in a palace. We knew exactly what to see and where to go thanks to the informative staff that were mo4re then eager to make sure our San Francisco stay was a memorable one. We did not want to check out and gave a serious thought of spending the rest of the week here. We will definitely return to this incredible place.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sheri R
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have never before written a review on trip advisor but I rely a lot on others' reviews - and well... this hotel deserves one. I was not expecting anything spectacular - just a good location and for a decent rate. We have stayed in many many Four Seasons, Ty-Warner, Fairmonts, Ritz, etc and almost every time with our kids (they all really cater to our kids and our crazy requests even at 3am for glasses of milk or diapers!). We normally book suites or at least two connecting rooms, probably should mention we have four chidren all 7 and under. I was surprised when booking this hotel that we only needed one and were paying FAR less than other hotels for suites (or in this case apartments). We had 1800 sf in the heart of everything San Francisco has to offer a tourist! We walked everywhere! And where we didn't, we had the house car take us. We had a two bedroom and the room sizes were huge! They each had a massive bathroom in addition to a full size kitchen, dining table, and living room - and everything was in great almost brand new shape. We don't cook while we are on vacation but it was nice to have a fridge (which they stocked with two bottles of Napa white wines and a 6 pack of Anchor Steam before our arrival). One day we asked for a few nannies and a car to take us up to Napa - within hours we had two college students at our room with games ready to hang out with our kids while we were taken in a private s550 an hour up to some of the most amazing wineries! You asked, they delivered, every single time. This hotel had the feeling of a small boutique hotel. You had one person with which all of your requests were handled (babysitters, car service, reservations, room service, etc) so it made it a lot easier. We ended up extending out our stay for two more nights because it was so great! And a side note: We budget quite a bit for vacations as our family is quite large, but this hotel doesn't mark up ANYHTHING. You have a list of menus from restaurants in the area and they add $25 for delivery and $5 for tip (there is not even a check to sign to tip more so you don't feel obligated) - for us, having a full breakfast with our family size (and even a cousin!), having an $80 meal was unheard of! They are always north of $300 each time. They do also have a really great free breakfast in the morning (it was just easier to keep all of the kids in the room to eat). After my husband checked us out he had this puzzled look on his face and normally it's a look of fear because he just paid the bill, however he was convinced we should have paid twice as much for that trip! Upon leaving we went down to So Cal and stayed at the Montage in Laguna Beach, and while this was now our 5th stay and we really love the Montage, it just didn't compare to the Fairmont Heritage Place as crazy as that sounds. We even contemplated buying an ownership interest but we are just not up there enough - but as soon as the opportunity presents itself you can bet we will!

Room Tip: I would imagine they are all good!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family