The location is great and the building is magnificent.
There are a lot of lovely shops and restaurants around the hotel.
Good points: the complimentary BMW bicycles and the outdoor terrace.
The room was really big and well decorated. Only two minor complaints:
- our room was dark;
- some of the furniture were damaged.
But the major complaint is that we found the hotel lacks atmosphere. Only a small reception area with no real bar (even if there are plenty of good options around). The breakfast room isn't lovely and the food was disappointing.
Maybe our expectations were too high or we simply didn't appreciate the aparthotel concept...
Next time we will stay somewhere else but go for it if you are a big family.
Stay october 2011
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cornerstone of Ghirardelli Square, Ghirardelli’s illustrious chocolate factory, has been reinvented as Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square. Our San Francisco residences allow you to experience one of the city’s most precious jewels in a new and intimate way. Offering one, two, and three bedroom luxury residences in San Francisco, Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square affords you all the comforts of home with the world class service of Fairmont that today’s discerning travelers have come to expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square Hotel San Francisco