“You must go to Yosemite!”

Incredible Adventures
Small-Group Yosemite Tour from San Francisco
Ranked #33 of 290 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Incredible Adventures is an outdoor travel company specializing in tours from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, California's Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, and whitewater rafting on the American River. We've been offering travelers a safe, eco-friendly, reliable way to connect with nature since 1993, and our professional guides are experts in the destinations we visit throughout the Western United States. We strive to provide personal, unique experiences for our small groups (16 max). We accomplish this by creating relaxed, flexible itineraries for our tours, and by going the extra mile - both literally and figuratively - to assure an authentic view of the lesser-traveled roads and sights of our beautiful California countryside. We believe strongly in maintaining the wild lands and National Parks of California (and all over the world), and know that tourism can be a strong factor in whether these magnificent areas continue to thrive for future generations to enjoy. In order to minimize the environmental impact of our business on the destinations we visit, we operate our vehicles on sustainable, petroleum-free biodiesel fuel made from local recycled cooking oil. Our fleet is made up of 13-20 passenger mini-coaches which all run on B100! From the mild to the wild, in a day or overnight, in a hotel or at a campsite, escape to the great outdoors with Incredible Adventures!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“You must go to Yosemite!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked my Yosemite trip at the last minute and was wondering what on earth I got myself into when my alarm went off at 6am. However the trip was well worth the early wake up call. The drive is long, but there are stops for food and coffee, and the guide gave information about the area and local history as we were passing by. Once in the park our guide took us to some incredible spots for photos, and the took us to the lodge for our free time. We were well informed about what we could see and do in the area and the best ways to get around. The ride back was quiet, but most of us were exhausted and sleeping. There is a dinner stop and you can chose from getting food at a supermarket or a fast food place.

If you are planning a winter visit make sure you are properly attired. I was wearing 2 long sleeved t shirts, 2 zip up hoodies, jeans with tights underneath, gloves, a hat, a scarf, and sneakers and I was only just warm enough. It is super cold in the park especially with all the snow.

Our guide, Brian (or was it Rebecca?) was awesome, very friendly, helpful and informative.

This is a must do for anyone coming to San Fran!

Nashville, Tennessee
“perfect experience”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

since we have only four people on that day tour, small group is ideal for a perfect experience in Sonoma. we tasted 17 kinds of wines, even though 7 of them need the extra charge, but it is cheap and rewarding to have a try. The tutor is so kind.

Visited December 2012
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Incredible Adventures is more than Incredible!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

It was the tours with Incredible Adventures that truly made my trip to San Francisco and first trip to California more than I could ever imagine. Both the wine tour through Sonoma and Napa Valleys and the trip to Yosemite were well organized, informative, professionally run, but most importantly, great fun!!! From my first contact with the staff of Incredible Adventures, especially Eric who guided both the tours, I knew I found the perfect adventure company. I met some amazing people from all over the world and by using Incredible Adventures we all shared an "incredible adventure "no matter what language you spoke. Thank you Incredible Adventures!

Burbank, California
“It was more than incredible!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had a blast on the wine tour and made some lifelong friends. Thanks Eric, your insight of SF and the wineries were priceless! I highly recommend hopping aboard this incredible adventure (pun definitely intended). ;)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would recommend....”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I did the one day winter visit to Yosemite. We had never been before and didn't have a car. We thought this would be a great way to see the park while traveling to San Francisco.

Overall it was a great experience and we would recommend it. Brian was our driver and tour guide. He was a very safe driver. He was friendly and knowledgable, providing some narration on the ride over as well as in the park. The photo spots were great.

Only negatives are:

1) where we stopped/were dropped off for lunch - Yosemite lodge cafeteria was extremely slow in the grill line and hard finding an empty table (and clean one). We were given other options but worried it would have taken longer and wanted to spend our free time hiking and exploring.

2) We possibly would have liked more free time to explore and hike. I don't know if that is possible,because it is a long day with the traveling to/from San Fran as well as when it gets dark.

We would recommend incredible adventures and would take another trip with them. We had a great day with wonderful memories and excellent photos!