“Cheesy fun”

The Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wax Museum at Fisherman's Wharf features more than 270 life-like wax personalities in 50 all new scenes, enhanced with artistic lighting, realistic props and informative narrations. Guest view all aspects of life as they wander through the Hall of Religion, Chamber of Horrors, King Tut's Tomb, Gallery of Stars and much, much more, offering something of interest and enjoyment for everyone. Open 365 days a year.
Alameda, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Cheesy fun”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was decently fun, in a lame kind of way. But we knew that going in. We were celebrating out 4th wedding anniversary and one of the 'standard' 4 years gifts is wax... so we thought - why not?? We had a good time, but mostly cause we were together. The exhibits were really just so-so. Half of them I had no idea who they were supposed to be. If you need a name card - your wax figure isn't good enough.

They didn't have lots of people I expected to see. Like Will & Kate got married more than 2 years ago... you have Prince Phillip and the Queen, but not them? I don't expect the to churn out a baby in a weeks time, but c'mon. Also no Michelle Obama. And Pope Francis has been Pope for 5 onths and you only have old Popes. Don't even get e started on Willie Brown in the Hollywood Hunks section. Um... what?? Maybe Gavin Newsome, but still... no.

The absolute worst thing was this annoying siren that went off EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we took photos. They have a sign at the freaking entrance that says flash photography is ok, but then sound an alarm when you do it. I had a headache by the time we got through.

Best part was this awesome picture my husband got when I sat in the electric chair... I won't ruin the surprise, but I screamed and the pic is hysterical.

All in all, if you have a good coupon and good company and not too high of expectations - you will enjoy it.

Visited August 2013

North Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Most look soooo fake”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have been to other wax museums and they look very real but most of these just looked aweful, something for us to do with the kids especially cause it was raining, not bad price with a coupon. All in all we enjoyed it

California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“So Disappointed”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Having been to Madame Tussauds, my expectations might be a bit high. We were disappointed in the fact that many of the wax figures looked nothing like the person that they were supposed to represent. We also didn't sense a theme amongst this museum. My husband and I mentioned more than once that we felt as though many of the figures were just thrown together in a section with very little rhyme or reason. You couldn't get a good picture of any of them or get close enough to take a picure with them. It just seemed a dreary set up of figures thrown here and there. We were also a tad shocked that the Chamber of Horrors chose to represent the head of the Church of Satan. I certainly wouldn't recommend the wax museum to anyone who has been to Tussauds. Perhaps if this is your first visit to one, it wouldn't be so bad, but for those who've been to other wax museums, I'd definitely skip this one.

Visited July 2013
Newport, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not the best Wax Museum”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Disappointed that many of the wax figures looked very fake. Obviously whoever created these wax figures didn't capture the true likeness of so many of the movie stars that we saw there. I wouldn't recommend this place unless you have nothing else to do and in San Francisco you can find a lot to do.

Mesa, AZ
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Some of the figures look like the real person, but not all”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It was a very interesting tour. Some of the displays have narrative you can activate. Some of the likenesses are very good. Others not so much. I found is funny that the US Presidents had narrative of Bill Clinton, but his figure wasn't there. Instead George W Bush was there, but no narrative about him. The collection is quite varied - sports, entertainment, religion, politics, horror, etc.