“Enchanting in the fog.”

$55.00*
and up
4-hour Walking Tour of Lands End in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: At the northwestern corner of San Francisco, there is a series of stunning views at every turn in this wild and windy trail. Hillsides of cypress and wildflowers, views of shipwrecks and access to the ruins of Sutro baths, a San Francisco specials memory.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Its a little bit of a trek to get here by walk or bus but its well worth the journey. The views are beautiful and the sounds of waves crashing on the shore and fog horns add to it's mystique.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,338)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"breathtaking views"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Found Lan End by sheer luck. We had been to GG park and after driving towards the beach found this gem. We did not get to hike very far but the views are amazing. We were lucky to find lots of parking but I am sure on a weekend it is busy.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Best unobstructed view of the sunset that we could find in the city. Nothing but rocks, waves,ocean and birds. About two hundred yards up the coastal trail, just off the main trail on the left, there is a small,secret little viewing area that should put you all alone.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Land's End with a forest of wind sculptured trees & the carpet of orange, blue, white & purple wild flowers, the ocean waves crashing on the cliffs, & spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge literally took my breath away. It is truly a beautiful walk.

The gift shop is definitely worth exploring. I learned so much about the area from their displays.
I will return to this area every time we make it to SF.

1  Thank Condu
See more reviews
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've lived in San Francisco before and love the city. My boyfriend and I recently decided to just go on a little adventure after dropping my Dad off at the airport. Instead of going straight to Ocean Beach I decided to take a turn and found myself at the Lands End Trail Entrance. The hike is beautiful especially on the day that we went. It was a Sunday, no fog and around 4:00 when we started the walk the trail. It was absolutely stunning and the view were magnificent. There was quite a few people on the trail but it was also the weekend so I'm not surprised. From the end of Geary entrance to the Legion of honor and back I want to say its about 2.5 miles but then I could be wrong. My advice is to dress a bit warm just because you are along the coast and it could get a bit chilly especially if you are just walking it. I think its great for kids and families and such a great way to just catch up with an old friend plus you get some exercise because at one point there are stairs (a lot of them) but its well worth it. Can't wait to go back!