“Sea's edge”

San Francisco Coastal Walking Tours
$550.00*
Cabo San Lucas Private Sailing Tour with Snorkeling
More attraction details
Owner description: At the northwestern corner of San Francisco, there is a series of stunning views at every turn in this wild and windy trail. Hillsides of cypress and wildflowers, views of shipwrecks and access to the ruins of Sutro baths, a San Francisco specials memory.
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Last stop on the bus ride and then a short walk downhill.
Dislike - It would have been a great view of the ocean if it wasn't foggy and it was a bit chilly.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,275)

Reviewed July 14, 2012

If you like to walk , have good shoes and a lot of time, I highly reccommend you do some if not all of what we did recently on our stay in San Francisco! First of all my 74 year old mum is very fit. We prefer the outdoors to shopping so.... We walked from the Cliff House area (north of Ocean Beach), to Land's End, carried on the trail up to Baker Beach...saw some um....bums (haha!) climbed the "sand ladder", carried on under the Golden Gate Bridge...past Chrissy Field, the yacht club, all the way to Fisherman's Wharf! Stopped for a coffee. then it was up Columbus St. to ultimately stumble upon a fantastic Thai restaurant... then back through China town to our hotel, Petite Auberge! It was an all day walkfest and we loved it! Land's End and the Sutro area are soooooo beautiful.. the ocean vistas are fantastic, the air is fresh and the trees are gorgeous...all sheared off by the wind! If I lived in SF I would walk the Land's End Trail or run it, regularly. We live by the ocean at home but it is not the surging white water that rushes against the cliffs that you have in SF!!!! So incredible! Get your shoes on and get walking and don't forget your cameras!!!!!

1  Thank Foodyguru
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We almost didn't stop here but I needed to kill some time before we left to our next vacation spot. I am so glad we did. I got some of the best pictures of our vacation walking down this trail. I also loved the memorial for the USS San Francisco. Great history and great views to be had.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

It's hard to believe your walking in a city. Great trails along the Pacific Ocean. Beware the trails a narrow and steep in parts.
The climb is worth it though.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Lands end is at the end of Geary Boulevard, just before the Cliff House. There's a large parking lot. You walk north, then east from the parking lot for fabulous views of the Golden Gate Bridge and great crashing waves along the cliffs below you. Next stop is the Cliff House, then Ocean Beach.