“Breathtaking views, off the beaten path”
Review of Lands End

San Francisco Coastal Walking Tours
$39.00*
San Francisco Parks and Coast – Summer of Love Edition
More attraction details
Owner description: At the northwestern corner of San Francisco, there is a series of stunning views at every turn in this wild and windy trail. Hillsides of cypress and wildflowers, views of shipwrecks and access to the ruins of Sutro baths, a San Francisco specials memory.
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Breathtaking views, off the beaten path”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I've lived in San Francisco six years and was only vaguely aware of the Land's End Trail near the Presidio. My guy was visiting from Canada and we decided to check it out. Every turn along the path offers breathtaking views of the rocky coast and the beautiful cypress trees. There's a spot where you can see the Golden Gate Bridge from the seaward side and every turn is a great photo. The trail was apparently once an electric streetcar track that took people out to the Sutro Baths. We went on a weekday and it wasn't crowded at all. I will definitely go back.

Visited October 2011

• Polish first
Roswell, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Excellent escape from San Francisco madness”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Excellent, well-maintained trail - easy to follow, easy to walk main trail with many optional off-shoots that can be anywhere from easy to strenuous - to downright dangerous if you ignore the signs - not recommended! Fantastic sights all along the trail - small wildlife, trees and flowers, and even some man-made. Lots of free public parking at the end of Point Lobos (Geary Blvd). Plaque at Point Lobos parking says the trail is 1.5 mi, but my GPS said 6.68 total walked, but that included several off-shoots.

Visited October 2011
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Escape from the City”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

One of my favorite places in San Francisco. I live about a mile away and have walked this trail too many times to count. Each time I go, I am amazed by the beauty and the breathtaking views. I often feel like I'm on a mini vacation when I am there because it is so lush and green. One of the last times I went, I saw a school of dolphins in the ocean! The trail is fairly flat although there is one main stair case which could make it difficult for bikers or people who have a difficult time going up and down stairs. There are other staircases that are optional to take to a beach with tide pools or the Sutro Bath ruins. My 9 year old son loves to explore the ruins and the near-by cave. The parking is really easy for this trail, either near the Cliff House or in the Seacliff neighborhood.

Visited September 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Great views, great trail”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I hiked from the Legion of honor on the Land's end trail to the coastal trail and the sutro bath ruins. It was a little hard to find - had to use my gps on my phone - but once on the trail it was impossible to get lost. Very peaceful and stunning views.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My favorite SF walk”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I am a San Francisco Native, and this little walk is my favorite stroll in the whole city. It's an easy, peaceful trail with spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Visited June 2011