“Great Time!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$35.95*
and up
California Academy of Sciences General Admission...
Ranked #39 of 576 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The world’s only aquarium-planetarium-rainforest-living museum. Come nose-to-beak with penguins and parrots, watch sharks and sting rays cruise beneath your feet, and feel the spray of the California coast. Fly to Mars (and beyond the Milky Way!) from the safety of your planetarium seat, take a virtual safari in African Hall, or climb into the canopy of a living rainforest. Face your fears—and an albino alligator—inside the Swamp, and meet scientists as they return from research expeditions around the world. From the depths of a Philippine coral reef to the outer reaches of the Universe, it's all inside the California Academy of Sciences.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had a great time at the California Academy of the Sciences. The building is beautifully designed, and there are some interesting exhibits. This place is really great for children, and the cafeteria actually has some delicious food. The only downside is that it didn't take me too long to go through all the exhibits and the planetarium. I was only there for about 2.5 hours. However, the academy is in Golden Gate Park, which is beautiful and houses a number of other attractions. I'd highly recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,331)
All reviews
in 64 reviews
"interesting exhibits"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2014

...be prepared to wait in lines both outside and inside. We were not aware that it was a free day when we made our plans to visit. We had to just deal with the masses, as it is a huge savings for visitors. Alot to see inside and well worth a visit.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

we spent one day in this museum! My daughter is a very curious 3 years old and here she could see and touch and learn. I really liked the rain forest and the magic of seeing many free, coloured, beautiful butterfly. My daughter got lost in the museum…and thanks to the help of the police officer we found her…Officer was really nice and helpful.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My fiancé and I brought our 5 year old to the the ca academy of science excited for a day of fun and learning. Our admission was $80, our disgusting food we got in the cafe was about $50 (don't get the chicken "pho") and parking was $25. After about an hour my daughter was bored and wanting to go home. When we went down to the aquarium I was shocked and disgusted at the size of the tanks the animals we're kept in. They were so small and jammed packed the poor jellyfish, lungfish, etc had no place to swim. I have been to the Monterey bay aquarium (fantastic) and the ca academy of sciences by no means can compare at all. We will not be going back.