“Highly Recommend”

San Francisco Architecture Walking Tour
Ranked #63 of 294 Tours in San Francisco
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have visited San Francisco several times before and were looking for something a little different to do this time. We found the tour very interesting and learned many things about the history of the city through its buildings. Had we stuck to the usual tourist attractions, we would have missed out on learning about where San Fran gets much of its character and charm. Highly recommend this tour and will look to do similar tours in future.

1  Thank Kerry61_13
There are newer reviews for San Francisco Architecture Walking Tour

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Rick's tour is excellent. He has a great knowledge of San Francisco history and architecture. His passion and enthusiasm were much appreciated. Rick took us to places we did not know existed, through public but unpublicized routes. He was able relate the history of the buildings, how the construction methods changed over time, what is being preserved and why, and the future of the San Francisco skyline. This was a lot of information in a short time. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank BlueJazz7
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I highly recommend taking this tour. My wife and I had taken a bunch of free walking tours of the city upon first moving here but had never shelled out money for one. This particular tour had been on our list for quite some time and we’re so glad we finally did it.

We lucked out in having a small group – the two of us and two friends plus only four others. Rick said he sometimes has as many as 30! We really appreciated the intimacy.

Rick was incredibly knowledgeable and has done so much research. It was so interesting to learn how historically significant buildings that you’d walked by a hundred times and never noticed are. Going inside some of the buildings added a lot to the experience.

It definitely left us wanting to learn more and take some of Rick’s other tours!

1  Thank Saikat P
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This tour was excellent. Rick's passion for the topic was contagious, and his breadth of knowledge was vast. San Francisco is an amazing city, and I have visited it many, many times, but the 2+ hours spent on this tour opened my eyes to things that I have never seen. In fact, we met up w/ some friends who have lived in San Francisco for the better part of a decade, and they were so impressed with the things that we discussed, they are going to sign up for the tour. Excellent mix of history, architecture, and human stories thrown into the mix to bring everything to life. I was truly disappointed when the tour was over!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I loved all of the Tour! The visited sites as well as the related stories are great and Rick really does know a lot about his city's architecture. Will be visiting more of the PoPo's when visiting SF the next time.