“Just brilliant!”

San Francisco Architecture Walking Tour
Ranked #63 of 294 Tours in San Francisco
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Rick's tour is fascinating and educational. The time flew by. It's amazing how much history is packed into such a compact area of the Financial District. I would definitely recommend it as a great way to spend two hours learning about the city, and I plan to sign up for his other tours, too. Two thumbs up!

There are newer reviews for San Francisco Architecture Walking Tour

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was just a brilliant walking tour. It takes about two hours, but you don't actually go very far! Rick, the tour guide, is very knowledgeable about the history of San Fran architecture, and it was a delight to do this tour. He talks about the buildings from an historical point of view, but you end up with looking at buildings that will be the future of the city, which I really liked. There were so many small things he pointed out that we would have never otherwise been aware of.

One interesting point of note is that there are a LOT of POPOS in the city - Privately Owned, Public Open Spaces.... so we got to see a few of those on the tour, as well, and to learn about their history.

I would definitely recommend this tour as a way of acquainting yourself with the city - it was worth every penny! Don't forget to book ahead of time!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The tour by Rick was very informative, lots of fun and about exploring SF. I am an architect but my husband is not, but we both equally enjoyed the two hours of the tour with Rick. I suggest this tour to everyone at SF. I think We might take the chinatown tour next too. I had no clue about the speak easy bars. good updates about things you would not have explored by yourself. Go for this guys, amazing insights into the hidden pockets of Downtown.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was one of the highlights of our trip to San Francisco. I'm an architect but knew nothing about San Francisco architecture. Rick is so knowledgable and explains the history and building of the city in a light, fun and interesting way. Great for non architects too.

1  Thank Daran R
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I learned more about the wonderful and innovative architecture in San Francisco during this tour than I have ever learned in 17 years living here! It's one of those tours that makes you realize that we never look up and appreciate the wonders of this city and the talent of those who built it.

I have already visited some more of the Privately Owned Publicly Occupied (POPO's) spaces that Rick introduced us to and there are so many more to explore.

This tour is worth making time for and is worth every penny. Thanks, Rick!

1  Thank Erica R