“Great way to see the bay”

Adventure Cat Sailing Charters
San Francisco Bay Sailing Cruise
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

A really fun experience for the whole family, thoroughly enjoyed by all! Good value too. Drinks available on board. Relaxing and exciting all in one. Would recommend this trip.

There are newer reviews for Adventure Cat Sailing Charters

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We booked this sunset cruise for our last night in San Francisco. It was an amazing way to bring to a close a wonderful week in San Francisco. The timing couldn't have been better. Aside from a stiff breeze, the weather was clear and relatively mild. The setting sun was magnificent and provided great lighting for memorable photos of the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco skyline. I'm glad we chose the catamaran over the motorized vessels. The gracefulness and relative quiet added to the sense of romance and adventure. The crew members were knowledgeable and had a great sense of humour. The two drinks and snacks provided were okay. The choices were limited on both counts. I would have enjoyed a shot of scotch instead of the wine or beer and I thought the hors d'oeuvres might have featured local fare such as crab, shrimp or oysters instead of the perfunctory crackers and cheese and nachos and salsa. My only real complaint had to do with the captain's offer to passengers to steer the vessel. Even though I was one of the last who had requested the opportunity he assured me that there would be plenty of time for me to have a turn. I suppose he became distracted by whomever was ahead of me at the helm because we arrived back at the dock before I'd had a chance. There was no apology or mention of the oversight. I suspect he simply forgot. It was a small blemish on what had been an outstanding evening. The Bay provides most of the mystique, but the Adventure Cat sunset cruise allows you to "experience" it, not just "see" it.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

This tour was included with our purchase of the City Pass voucher booklet. The tour is round trip from Fisherman's Wharf out to the Golden Gate Bridge and back to the Wharf circumnavigating Alcatraz. The trip is between 1 - 2 hours and very informative providing a great deal of history about San Francisco, San Francisco Bay, Golden Gate Bridge, and Alcatraz. I would recommend this tour if you have the time during your visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Forget the boring cruise boats, this is the best maritime experience in the Bay Area! Our hosts have been friendly, knowledgeable and a delight to spend time with; the sailing itself is smooth and the views incredible. We'll certainly be back!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Done very professionally. The crew is friendly and humorous. The boat ride itself offers excellent vistas of the bay area. If you’re not going to Alcatraz but still want this bay experience then its is certainly a great idea.