1,580 results
All reviewsgrace cathedralnob hillbig restaurantinfinity poolpiano barspa areacable carsteam roomcalifornia streetunion squareupgraded to a suitean upgraderoom servicemark hopkinsbeautiful hotelhotel guestscar service
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Overall: Not a bad experience. A nice boutique hotel with good amenities

Location: 12 minute walk to Union Square, 5 minute walk to China Town. Right in front of a cable car line and a minute away from several major bus lines. It is literally at the top of Nob Hill though so be prepared for tough hikes up or be patient to wait for the cable cars/buses if you don't want to walk back.

Service: The front desk is friendly enough. They offered a free upgrade to a bigger suite if we signed up for their customer program. One of the main reasons I'm only giving three stars though is they CAME IN THE ROOM AT MIDNIGHT ON OUR SECOND NIGHT THERE. When I asked the front desk and service people what the heck happened they all dodged and muttered various excuses. When pressed one staff said it was because our room was still marked as unoccupied?! We never got any formal apology or explanation from management.

My other comment is I asked the concierge to arrange airport transportation and he booked us into a shuttle. They were supposed to call us the day before to confirm but never did and it was difficult to track down the concierge again as it seems they work different hours day to day. The shuttle itself is not worth it. 10 of us plus the driver crammed like sardines into a van for 17 dollars each. Just take a cab or public transport and save yourself the pain.

Amenities: The suite we had was nicely decorated and seemed newly renovated. It had a great view of the cathedral opposite and the city. Don't expect a Vegas like bathroom but it was functional and spacious enough. The booking came with complimentary access to Nob Hill Spa, and free WiFi. There is a good upscale restaurant with elevated "comfort food" on the first floor. There are many restaurants and cafes within a couple blocks.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew L
Sal A, General Manager at Huntington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear Andrew L,

I apologize for the mishap during your visit. It is my understanding that our Front Office Manager, Jeroen, has reached out to you with a compensation for the inconvenience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact myself or Jeroen upon your next visit to the City.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

This stylish hotel was wonderful. I received an upgrade to a gorgeous suite overlooking the cathedral and park. The staff truly couldn't have been nicer - from the doorman to the front desk. They have a car to drive you anywhere within a mile. I was only there one night for business, but I would love to come back for pleasure sometime and check out the spa!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Dear ECCSeattle,

Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We very much appreciate it.

We look forward to your next visit and your being able to enjoy the Spa.

Sal L. Abaunza, General Manager

Reviewed October 17, 2017

I come back to the Huntington every year or so for "staycations." The spa is spectacular, the rooms are big (very worth it to upgrade to a room with a view of Grace Cathedral and Huntington Park). You can hear the cable cars through the bathroom window. The Big 4 Restaurant on the ground floor has San Francisco old charm that is now hard to come by. I love this place! A great retreat in a wonderful part of the city.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with Huntington Park view
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Yosguns,

Thank you for your comments. I shall share them with our Colleagues. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

At the corner of Taylor and California sits this older but well maintained Gem. It was acquired by a Singapore group after 80+ years in the same family. It is newly polished and shows well.

A special place is its Big4 restaurant. A wonderful throwback to the days of 19th century SF. It is replete with memorabilia and a pianist every night.

Enjoy this return to yesteryear

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Sal A, General Manager at Huntington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Dear TDoorley,

Thank you for your kind words. I shall share them with our Colleagues. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself is amazing. The room was very clean and the people at the front desk were very nice. But a few things made the experience a bummer. Both mornings, the phone rang at 7:33 am and they couldn't figure out why. They also charged us different prices for room service then what was on the menu, including charging me $2 for cheese on my burger that I didn't want. The worst experience was at the restaurant. The waitress didn't give us our credit card back and we told her about it she said, "I gave it back to you, you must have dropped it. When we close and the lights come back on, we will call you." I had to start making a scene and refuse to leave before she even started looking for it. It turned out she left it at the register. She never even apologized.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shelby S
Sal A, General Manager at Huntington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Shelby S,

I apologize that we did not provide exceptional service in the BIG 4. I shall take this up the Manager.

When your travels bring you back to the City, please contact me directly so I may make your arrangements personally.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.