The Huntington should be rated much higher - definitely among the Top 3 hotels in San Francisco. The hotel is elegant, clean and updated. It doesn't feel or look like a run-of-the-mill commercial hotel nor is it akin to any of the hit-or-miss boutiques. It's really the best of both worlds - a clean upscale service hotel with the charm and hospitality of a small San Francisco boutique.
Take note of the wonderful staff at Huntington. The service staff are efficient and down-to-earth (a surprise on your pillow every night), and the doormen, bell and concierge are fantastic. When we arrived, the front desk gave us a warm welcome and even offered some great suggestions for a Hawaii vacation (plus we got an upgrade on our room!). The front desk (wish I had his name) was truly, truly wonderful and had a great personality.
The hotel's location is perfect. It's gracefully situated in the beautiful and quiet neighborhood of Nob Hill, one of the most desirable areas in the city. You can use car service to get around, but a cable car (the California) is right outside the front entrance, but China Town and Union Square are within walking distance. We had no trouble at all walking the steep streets of Nob Hill - it was actually quite fun and part of the whole San Francisco experience!
Our room overlooked Huntington Park and Grace Cathedral. Peet's Coffee is located in the Cathedral, and the famous Sears Fine Foods is not far. In the morning, you can join the Chinese for Tai Chi classes in the park, swim in the hotel infinity pool, or take advantage of the Yoga classes or other spa offerings at the hotel's Nob Hill Spa.
This is a great hotel. We researched dozens of hotels before happily finding The Huntington. If you've been researching the many hotels of San Francisco and are still undecided, I would say stop looking and book The Huntington now. Our stay at The Huntington was refreshing and made our whole San Francisco vacation enjoyable and relaxing. We loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa