The Huntington is member of the "Small Luxury Hotels" - and it deserves it well. No name-tag bearing business guests, but style, classic charme and a highly-personalized service. And a breathtaking pool and spa area! One of the best 5-star hotel bets in San Francisco.
Location: On top of Nob Hill, across Huntington Park. Short walking distance (or cable car) to Union Square and restaurants. Neighborhood and location can't be better.
Building/public areas: Classic grandeur, with antiques and oil paintings in the lobby. San Francisco's best bar (very popular with locals).
Rooms: We had a freshly renovated, mint-colored room which was spacious, with a two-room marble bathroom and all modern amenities.
Pool and Spa: Just beautiful. The indoor pool could be a little larger, but it is just a wonderful area with great views, an outside terrace, a gas fireplace, complimentary beverages and fruit throughout the day, sauna, steam room.. everything you want.
Service: We loved the Huntington's service. Everybody was most welcoming. We always had chats with the bell boys and they gave us good tips. Extra-wishes were easily satisfied.
Dining: We had no chance to dine at the Big 4 restaurant, but breakfast was always excellent. And the bar. The bar! The bar!! Outstanding.
Value: We got the room at an unbelievably good rate. Valet parking is convenient but expensive. If you want to save $7 per night, you can park your car by yourself in one of the two adjacent public garages. WiFi cost $9.95 per 24 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa