“Friendly Staff, Great Hotel, Do yourself a favour and stay here!”

The Scarlet Huntington
Ranked #10 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
San Francisco, California
“Friendly Staff, Great Hotel, Do yourself a favour and stay here!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I'm actually writing this review from my room. It's spacious, beautiful, clean, and nicely decorated. The staff has been absolutely wonderful. I'm staying here with my wife for our honeymoon and I'm so glad we did. We love the location and everything that this property has to offer.

Thank you to everyone at the Scarlet Huntington for making this visit a special one.

It's amazing here and we will be back!

Room Tip: Get the "park and play" package. It allows for free breakfast, free wifi, and free parkin...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sean S
William M, Public Relations Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Sean S.,

Thank you ever so much for your commendatory review! "Do yourself a favor and stay here" is quite a recommendation. I'm delighted that you chose to stay with us during your honeymoon. Proper accommodations are crucial during such an event, and I'm pleased that we delivered a level of service that met the occasion.

Thank you for noting the Park and Play package. It does offer an incredible deal, and we recommend it to anyone if they intend on utilizing parking space. Please come back and see us for your anniversary! (Inform us of the occasion when making reservations, as we like to send proper amenities)

Cheers,

Public Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel is a very nice property that had been recently remodeled. Rooms were very large and very nicely furnished. Hotel was very quiet and is in a great location close to Chinatown and in between the wharf area and Union Square. Staff was very accommodating and pleasant. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jlbentley3
William M, Public Relations Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear jbentley3,

Thank you so much for your laudatory review! I'm delighted to hear that your stay with us was 5 star, and met your expectations. I see that you enjoyed our location, which is ideal for folks whom wish to sight-see but prefer quiet accommodations (Staying in Union Sq or Fishermans Wharf can be rather chaotic).

We value the relationships we have with our guests, and you can expect the same level of exemplary service upon your return. Thank you again for taking the time to review us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stunning hotel.
Beautifully and tastefully decorated.
IMMACULATELY clean and extremely well appointed. Huge room.
Great location for San Francisco (but - at the top of a very steep hill!)
Would highly recommend staying here.

Would recommend eating at OSSO Steakhouse just a couple of doors down - sublime.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear js0908,

Thank you ever so much for your glowing review! I very much enjoyed reading it, and I believe other Trip Advisor members will find it helpful. I'm so pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be stunning and beautifully decorated. We are indeed on the top of a steep hill, but that affords our guests some of the best views the city has to offer!

Thank you again for your thoughtful review. Next time you stay with us, I would suggest requesting room 1001. It is my personal favorite and offers the best views.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Hotel has great staff, nice rooms and great food ! The restaurant downstairs has tons of flys but food was good. Comfortable bed and large entry into room, large closet and bathroom. Windows all opened , no screens. Hotel is on a large hill so I feel like every room will have a nice view. Our view was nice.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Krysblair,

First and foremost, thank you very much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our great staff, nice rooms, and great food! Regarding the restaurant, I am surprised and unhappy to hear about the issue you experienced. I extend forth myself and the hotel's sincerest apologies. Many locals refer to our Big 4 restaurant as an 'institution'; and is well loved by many. We will look into this issue, and I can promise you it will be taken care of immediately.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us, your feedback is invaluable to us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Upgraded to a very high standard, our deluxe room as spacious and beautifully decorated. It was immaculately clean and a wonderful property.

It is a wonderful location opposite Grace Cathedral on the California Street cable car line. Chris the concierge was particularly helpful and charming.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear EdgarWB,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're quite pleased to hear that your stay with us was 'superb'. We strive to provide our guests with a superlative experience, and it sounds like we succeeded. I see that you found the rooms to be spacious and immaculately clean, and you enjoyed our location along the cable car line. I often take the cable car here to work, and I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful commute. I will share your review with Chris, as I'm sure he will be pleased.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to the states!

Lancashire
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our West coast tour of America and thoroughly enjoyed our time there . Great location with the cable cars stopping directly outside the hotel. Rooms were modern save for the air conditioning, spacious and well presented. Staff were all very helpful special mention goes to Jason who gave us some excellent local tips including Sutter Bar and the Wreck room which are both worth a trip. Given the cost wifi should be included in room however it is free in the lobby. The spa and gym is included in the price and well worth using. Would highly recommend : )

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Brombino
William M, Public Relations Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Brombino,

Thank you Sir for your commendatory review! I do hope you enjoyed your 'west coast tour of America', and it sounds like you certainly enjoyed your stay at the Scarlet Huntington. I see that you found our location, spacious rooms, service and amenities to be to your liking. I will be sure to share your review with Jason and other staff members. I do apologize for the Wifi cost; I will pass pass on your concern to our management team.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return across the pond :)

San Diego
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've been staying at the Huntington for years. I love the location, the staff is excellent and The Big Four bar/restaurant is welcoming and fun. I'm just not too sure about the new décor after the remodel of the property. The former Huntington was so charming and historic - what I loved most about it. It is still very clean and nice, just very different. James at the Front Door is amazing. He remembers your name every time you return to the hotel. I will still continue to stay here, I just miss the old charm it used to have.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank SDRedHead
Dear SDRedhead,

Thank you very much for your review. The relationships we maintain with our guests make up the back-bone of our hotel. Hence, your thoughts and feedback mean a great deal to us! Thank you for mentioning James (i'll be sure to share this with him), our location, and service.
As you mentioned, the decor is indeed different, and can take some time to adjust to. Historically, we have always been on the forefront of new design and innovation. Indeed, we were the first luxury high-rise apartment building west of the Mississippi, and at one point featured 'the Zebra Room', a swanky restaurant covered in zebra patterns! Despite our changes, you can expect us to maintain our commitment to service and luxury.

Thank you again for your thoughtful review. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to San Francisco!