My sister, husband and I got rooms at The Huntington Hotel in San Francisco for New Year's 2013. We arrived 12/30/13 and were meant to check out 01/01/14. We loved the rooms - large, comfortable, clean with views across San Francisco (we were on the 11th floor Room 1100). We could see Alcatraz from one window and the Top of the Mark (Hopkins) for another. We also loved the atmosphere of an old hotel - well built, standing the tests of time, without be shabby in any way. The staff was very helpful, the bar was crowded yet comfortable and the dining room was a treat for dinner one evening. Room service breakfasts arrived on trolley-tables with fine linen and was perfectly presented. And then there's the hotel's location, on top of Nob Hill in the center of everything with easy access to the cable cars, and the entire city at your feet. Due to a snow storm in NY, our flight home was cancelled and re-scheduled for two days later. We asked the front desk if we could extend our stay to which they responded that they would love to but the hotel was closing that very day for extensive renovations. We would definitely stay here again and only hope that the renovations are truly improvements upon this Grand Dame of Nob Hill and not any serious alterations. Check it out next summer when they re-open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa