“Lovely and tranquil escape at the Huntington!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Scarlet Huntington

The Scarlet Huntington
Ranked #16 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
New York City, New York
“Lovely and tranquil escape at the Huntington!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

It seems like a long time ago, but this time last week, hubby and I were staying at the lovely and luxurious Huntington hotel and spa in Nob Hill (where we were for four days and three nights). I found this place via research, and I must say, it was by far been my favorite hotels in San Francisco. In the past (this is my thirteenth trip to San Francisco), we’ve always stayed in the financial/Union square district (e.g., the Nikko, the Hyatt, the JW), mostly for business – and it just didn’t feel like a true holiday. The streets were always a bit too cramped, and the scenery was not quite… well, serene. The Huntington changed all of that!
We stayed in Suite #1010 (wonderful space and relaxing decor!), and spent as much free time as we could at the spa and in the infinity pool. Being seven months pregnant at the time, it was the perfect balance for me! My pregnancy massage was also a real treat.
I should also mention that the service was courteous and top-notch. We arrived quite early (around 11am), and check-in was no worries. The staff also allowed us a late check-out on Sunday afternoon prior to our flight (which meant more time at the pool!). During the work-week (Monday through Friday), the hotel also offers complimentary chauffer services to nearby areas, which made things super convenient!
For more photos and images, please see here:
For some travel tips on San Francisco in general, you can also go to:

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband just liked the Huntington Hotel but I loved it! We ended up there through Hotwire.com and felt like we really lucked out. We where located on the 12 floor (very top) in a corner room that offered spectacular views of the city from two directions. The room was in need of a remodel, especially the carpet, but it had a comfort about it that made it feel homey. There was a small sitting area, an extremely comfortable king bed and the room had a good size bathroom. Everything was clean and fresh and the staff were all friendly. The hotel's location can't be beat - it's located in the famous and fabulous Nob Hill. I would return in a heart beat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The location of the hotel was wonderful, at the top of Nob Hill across from Grace Cathedral and a lovely park. The staff, in particular the valets, delivered personal service and made us feel at home. Our room was spacious and overlooked the park below. We would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed at many of the hotels in San Francisco and The Huntington is my absolute favorite. It sits atop Nob Hill, in a beautiful area with spectacular views. The hotel is beautifully done- classy and comfortable. The staff is very helpful and courteous. We love the spa and spend time there in the mornings and evenings during our stay. To my knowledge, this is the only hotel in SF that gives you complimentary access to a spa with an indoor infinity pool. On a sunny day it is so relaxing to lounge on the balcony, and on a cold day, sit by the fire. We will be back soon! It is a hike to most of the restaurants, but we just look at it as getting exercise before eating all of the amazing food that the City has to offer. We liked getting picnic dinners at Whole Foods (less than a mile) and enjoying in our roomwith a glass of wine, while looking at the bay from our room.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a bay view or a corner room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

A lovely hotel which still retains some of its early 20th Century fittings. Our room was huge and very comfortable. The location was excellent for sightseeing. The California/Market street tram runs right past. Unlike this Powell St tram this tram was never overcrowded. I recommend taking the tram to the end of the line and then getting on the F tram outside the Ferry building to Fisherman's Wharf. Chinatown was only a couple of blocks walk away and we also found it easy to walk to all the shopping in Union Square. There are plenty of nice places to eat close by. If you take the tram to the other end (west), there are some good eateries on Polk Street.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at the Huntington Hotel for my San Francisco wedding and everything was absolutely perfect. We had a park-view suite so that my bridesmaids could have plenty of space to get ready in the morning and many of our guests had regular guest rooms. Everyone LOVED their stay - especially the added perk of the use of the spa area. I worked with Meghann in Sales and she was a DREAM! She had every detailed covered and if I ever needed anything, I could ask Meghann and she'd respond in an instant. I loved staying there and would recommend the Huntington to anyone looking for an nice getaway in the city.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HuntingtonHotelSF, Sales Manager at The Scarlet Huntington, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Tiffany,

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with both of you. Nothing means more than hearing how much you and Rich, your family, and friends enjoyed the weekend. Should you need anything at all in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back on your anniversary… or sooner, of course! Thank you again for choosing to spend your day with us, Tiff, and best wishes to you!

With warmth and hospitality,
Meghann
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Booked through Hotwire for a good price, and the service was immaculate. They offer a one way car service for one way trips, the front desk personnel is always available and helpful, rooms were spacious and charming, beds were great. Parking is $40 per day, but I think that's pretty standard within the city.

We generally don't stay in the city, but we would definitely stay here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles