It seems like a long time ago, but this time last week, hubby and I were staying at the lovely and luxurious Huntington hotel and spa in Nob Hill (where we were for four days and three nights). I found this place via research, and I must say, it was by far been my favorite hotels in San Francisco. In the past (this is my thirteenth trip to San Francisco), we’ve always stayed in the financial/Union square district (e.g., the Nikko, the Hyatt, the JW), mostly for business – and it just didn’t feel like a true holiday. The streets were always a bit too cramped, and the scenery was not quite… well, serene. The Huntington changed all of that!
We stayed in Suite #1010 (wonderful space and relaxing decor!), and spent as much free time as we could at the spa and in the infinity pool. Being seven months pregnant at the time, it was the perfect balance for me! My pregnancy massage was also a real treat.
I should also mention that the service was courteous and top-notch. We arrived quite early (around 11am), and check-in was no worries. The staff also allowed us a late check-out on Sunday afternoon prior to our flight (which meant more time at the pool!). During the work-week (Monday through Friday), the hotel also offers complimentary chauffer services to nearby areas, which made things super convenient!
For more photos and images, please see here:
For some travel tips on San Francisco in general, you can also go to:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa