Our teenage kids would have found the grandeur, elegance and romance of this hotel a little too stifling however we were enthralled by it and felt terribly spoilt and lucky to be staying here on business as was just what we needed. Tranquil, peaceful, impressive with views to die for and the buffet breakfast in The Big Four Restaurant was worth every penny, a total spoilt foodies heaven with everything you could imagine to indulge on. The beauty of this hotel is that it's out of the way but still within walking distance of everything. The rooms were spacious and light with loads of cupboard space and room to spread out. However weirdly they didn't have tea and coffee making facilities which is disappointing for a 5 star hotel. We hired a conference room for meeting and the staff were excellent and interestingly it was incredibly impressive for our clients but not expensive. Infact our travel agent got us a great deal for the hotel and if want to really spoil yourself and feel a part of San Francisco history you'll feel it here. Avoid eating in their basement Asian themed restaurant which has a floating band on their disused swimming pool it's full of teenage girls celebrating their birthdays and the food was appalling. Apart from that the hotel was our little bit of luxury for the year without our kids! Go for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco