Went to SFO for conference and decided to give Huntington a try based on other reviews. Very cool 1900s era hotel that was a converted apartment building. It has all the character of its roots while maintaining a modern infrastructure and great service. I had a bit of a bumpy time checking in and received a ADA room which had a tricky bath/shower combo. The hotel promptly moved me to another room with a great view of the bay and a huge stand up shower. The hotel's windows were all brand new and they opened to let in the perfect 60 degree air. The service at the hotel was the real surprise. While not the name recognition of the Fairmont, Ritz, or other 5 star hotels, the Huntington staff certainly did not let that stop them. I never opened the front door thanks to an always present doorman who was constantly available for questions, directions, etc. The hotel provided turn down service nightly and one night, there was even a 25% off over to the spa which I thought was a nice touch. The location of the hotel is at the top of Nob Hill, beautiful location yet still convenient to all the other places you want to visit in town. I highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa