A blend of old school and modern Elegance and Luxury on one of SF's best neighborhoods.
The moment you enter the Huntington Hotel, you wonder why you want to ever leave. We were lucky enough to have a fantastic and gorgeous high floor suite. I have heard that the hotel has had recent renovations, and clearly this room has been part of it, as everything in the room seemed fresh and new. The suite has an old world elegance, with soaring ceilings, stunning crown molding, and period furniture that represents the time when the hotel was built in the 20's.
The level of attention to detail in design, style and refinement is very high. Even the closets ( yes, two closets) were elegant and well designed. The bathroom, which had a a separate room for the shower/bath combo and the sinks reminded me of an elegant time gone by. Cleanliness is no even an issue as all of the surfaces seemed polished to perfection. Even the bathroom figures were high end and well matched to the decor. Complimentary bath products were French L' Occitane. As an example of the level of detail given to design, the grab bars in the bath area had a rubberized grip on the interior side. A great touch and something I had not seen before. The bed was comfortable and luxurious, with a generous number of pillows and a comfortable blanket, which is expected at this price range.
As for drawbacks, there were really few. The lobby is refined, but small, without the soaring grandeur of neighboring hotels. But this hotel was once an apartment complex when first built, so a soaring lobby would not fix with its character. There is an old school restaurant, open only for dinner during our stay. Lots of dark wood paneling and thick heavy furnishings. Not exactly my style. Plan on heading to any one of many fantastic restaurants in the immediate area.
Staff was courteous and friendly. They seem to have been with the hotel for a long time and know the area well.
The location of the hotel is superb, on top of Nob hill and less than a 5 minute walk from great shopping and parks. Very safe neighborhood.
Two Thumbs up.
Tom says: Check it out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa