Decided to stay somewhere with a bit of class in SanFran whilst road tripping round Cali, Very impressive hotel, great big room(basically an apartment size, was a standard twin room), very nicely furnished and decorated (fridge with a key, how cool is that?) The bar was classy, not in a tacky american classy way, more like nice an old bar in an English country estate kind of feel, chap playing the piano all night, nice selection of drinks.
We walked all over the place from this hotel, obviously be prepared for the walk back up the hill if you have this idea too!! Close to "Tenderloin" area which is a bit shady at night but didnt feel threatened at all. You can head towards Pier 39 and walk through china town and little italy, it is literally like walking through 3 or 4 countrys within an hour! Only negative point to this place was the price of the parking (we didnt use the car in SF either) the price of parking is expensive all over this city so its not exactly a dig at the hotel, the car was parked and brought round to the front for us which was very handy, all in all a great place to stay. I would stay here again when next in SanFran for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa