When you think of a classical San Francisco hotel, the Huntington probably comes to mind. The structure, located at the top of Nob Hill, is historic and attractive. The staff is quite professional, yet also friendly and warm.
We were greeted at the front desk with warm hand towels and quickly shown to our room. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite. The room was well decorated and the view was very nice. The hotel, like just about everything else in the city, is showing some signs of wear. However, that's probably to be expected from a building of this age; especially given the location and climate. The hotels windows, which opened quite a bit, appeared to be new and were a nice feature.
The bedding was exceptional. The comfort was on par with any other hotels bed. The bed was turned down nightly and the maid remembered how I liked my curtains each night.
I could hear some noise from the adjoining room, but I'm beginning to think my hearing might be overly sensitive, so take that with a grain of salt.
The bathroom was very nice. The towels were great and there were plenty of them. They also had robes, cotton swabs, cotton balls, etc. The soap and shampoo were some of the best I've ever had at a hotel. They smelled great and worked really well.
The one major complaint about the hotel was the hot water. I just didn't ever get much hot water in the shower. This may well have been a temporary problem or just one with my room. I can't really fault the hotel staff for it, because I never mentioned it to them. I'm not one to complain in person (though I'll do it online sometimes.)
Each morning we had a local paper delivered to our room. In addition, after the room was cleaned the maid checked in to see if we needed anything else.
The hotel has a small, but very nice spa inside. I'm not a spa person, so I'm not a great judge, but from what I could tell it looked very nice.
The bar in the lobby is quite nice and has great service and a great selection. The entire bar is covered in rich woods and warm furniture. It's the perfect place to visit with a client, a business associate, or an old friend.
The hotel has a professional chauffeur who is available for short trips in the area. We caught a ride down to a restaurant and were quite impressed with our driver. She was knowledgeable, extremely courteous, and pointed out a number of interesting sites along the way.
Finally, I don't typically notice bellmen at a hotel. However, the bellmen at the Huntington were very friendly and helpful.
All in all, this was a very nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed to spark the imagination and provide an adventure for the senses, the much beloved and newly renovated Huntington Hotel re-emerges in May 2014 from a $15 million renovation as The Scarlet Huntington. The Scarlet Huntington builds upon the property's original charm, graciousness and exceptionally high standards while introducing locals and visitors to a unique and avant-garde style that is influenced by a vibrant Singapore Peranakan heritage woven together with the opulence of San Francisco. More than just a name, The Scarlet possesses a distinguished charm and charismatic aura, likened to a gracious hostess who indulges guests with a luxurious stay experience. Providing a warm ad familiar welcome, the iconic red of the former Huntington Hotel's exterior - as displayed in the brick facade and illuminated sign high atop the hotel - will permeate the new aesthetic, representing the hotel's heritage while embracing the passion and allure defined by The Scarlet; offering uninhibited luxury to every guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your The Scarlet Huntington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Huntington Hotel & Nob Hill San Francisco
- The Huntington Hotel And Nob Hill Spa