9 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$194
Hotels.com$194
FindHotel$195
3,017 results
All reviews nob hill mark restaurant cable car grace cathedral union square top floor california street beautiful hotel an older hotel bit dated valet parking the financial district city concierge elevator cars bay
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

We arrived a few weeks before Christmas. The hotel wax beautifully decorated and there were carolers in the lobby. We have stayed there several times before but not in the last 10-15 years. The rooms were still well appointed, beautiful views and good service. As guest they gave us last minute access to the Top if the Mark, the great penthouse nightclub with the best views in the city of views.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne B
michaelpace, General Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed our accommodations and hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

Good size room with comfortable bed. The room was clean. The decor is smart, could do with a refresh but is still charming.
The Top of the Mark bar is well worth a visit to enjoy a drink with an amazing view of San Francisco.
The hotel is located on the top of a VERY steep hill but this did not affect our visit. Personally I thought the location of the hotel was better than a hotel in union square but others may prefer a more lively neighbourhood.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank MerchCymru

Reviewed October 16, 2019

We had a great weekend in San Francisco, and the hotel was a pivotal part of it. The hotel is historically classic with amazing service. Check in was warm, personal, and efficient and we were pleasantly surprised with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate our anniversary. Our upgrade room was spacious and the view was great. We started off one of nights with drinks and cake at Top of the Mark at sundown - what a view!

Room tip: Higher floors have great views, but being perched at the top of Nob Hill gives you a good view just about anywhere.
Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank shahabtrippin
michaelpace, General Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2019

Thank you for sharing your kind words and choosing our property to celebrate your anniversary. We are so glad you enjoyed our accommodations and I hope we can welcome you back before your next anniversary!

Reviewed October 14, 2019

I love this hotel. It is old world luxury. I did notice a few things throughout the hotel looked dated or damaged. The level of service made up for it. We loved the turned down service . Having the breakfast and happy hour included was just what we needed. The hotel is at the top of Nob Hill. Make sure you have your walking shoes. The top of the mark was also wonderful. We had cocktails and enjoyed the view . I will be staying at this hotel next time I am in San Francisco.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Don R

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed our accommodations and hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2019 via mobile

I got upgraded to a King Deluxe room because I have Gold status which was nice. Room had nice views of San Francisco skyline. Room needs upgrading.. decoration is just a little drab including the curtains etc. I can also hear everything in the hallway, even the next door room flushing their bathroom.
Two staff were talking across the hall, right outside my room and I could hear everything about their complaints about contracts and standing while working, on and on and on, while I was lying in my bed! Just not what I need to hear while trying to sleep at a “5 star hotel”.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank peachkid
michaelpace, General Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Although we are an older property, we pride ourselves in the excellent customer service we provide. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to convince you to give us another chance. Please reach out to our Director of Rooms at abby.derohanian@ihg.com for further assistance. I truly am sorry and I hope we can exceed your expectations during your next stay.