8 people are viewing this hotel
InterContinental
$194
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$194
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
Traveluro
$176
Expedia.com$194
Hotels.com$194
Trip.com$195
3,018 results
All reviews nob hill mark restaurant cable car grace cathedral union square top floor california street beautiful hotel an older hotel bit dated valet parking the financial district city concierge elevator cars bay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2019

The personal touch from each employee. I was welcomed by Hailey the front desk agent. I knew I was checking in early and she said the room was not ready yet, but had a room ready two floors below. So she got me in and new I had a long flight. The Front desk supervisor came out and welcomed me to the hotel and thanked me for being a IHG rewards member. Roy made our stay memorable! He always welcomed me with a smile and his willingness to help. He truly cared about my experience in the hotel and he made clear his pride to work at the Intercontinental. He took the extra mile to find out the nature of my stay and he made sure to ask me how things were going on a daily basis. When he found out that my wife was joining me later in the week, he couldn't wait to meet her and to make her birthday special. He is a genuine person and he made me proud to be a part of this company. Anna was outstanding as well. She greeted me on the first day by my last name and went over all the details about the club lounge. She did a great job on convincing me to order the room service since the food was so good. The club lounge team is awesome. Having the housekeeping staff say good morning every day made my day. Jaap Doelens the F&B Director came over to me in the club lounge Thursday night to see if I needed anything. The F&B team was really helpful and room service was really good. The food options was outstanding. The bellmen helped me with packages and assisting me opening them in my room. I know it is hard to find good staff, you have a great staff at this hotel. Thank you all for making my stay one of the best.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank DavidBelo2013
michaelpace, General Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words ! We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time with us! I have shared your review with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2019

Weekend in San Francisco and good rate for club room relatively last minute. Old fashioned (good way) with professional and charming staff. We had an 11th floor room with good views over Grace Cathedral and distant views of both the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. Location was very peaceful at weekend and nice to walk down to both Fisherman's Wharf and the Embarcadero (you will need to take a cable car/taxi/Uber back due to being on top of a very steep hill)

The club lounge is a little strange as it is in the middle of the small bar/restaurant on the ground floor. The area is well policed albeit we had some interlopers enjoying the evening snacks one night. There are very few "comfy" chairs - most are stools/high tables, but the décor is classy and service attentive during the evening. Complimentary cocktail food was high quality and the open bar had a small selection of beers, wines and spirits available 5-7pm (it would have been nice to have more soft drinks such as cranberry or tomato juice). Breakfast was a little more chaotic with club guests mixed with the main breakfast service in the small restaurant. Once you were identified as club you were pretty much left on your own after the first coffee was poured. We found Orange Juice at the waiters stations and the buffet had a reasonable choice of breakfast items and was available until 11am if you wanted a lie-in. Fresh fruit (including home made smoothies), cookies, hot and cold beverages were available all day.

We really enjoyed this piece of San Francisco history. I would rate it 4.5 stars - not overly luxurious but charming.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Likestoturningleft
michaelpace, General Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. The decor is very tired. The sink in the room had cracks and it was a fight to get hot water. We were at the end of the line as far as hot water was concerned. However the staff were helpful, especially the concierge. Compared to other hotels in the area they will need to up their game.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 416ChrisS
michaelpace, General Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to read your stay was not as enjoyable as we would have liked. We will share your feedback with our management team to better improve our overall operation.

Reviewed May 25, 2019

I stayed here a few nights ago with a group of friends for a reunion. For starters the hotel is beautiful and the staff is friendly and welcoming; we ran into the general manager Mr. Pace who gave us a great recommendation regarding good brunch spots. Our room was amazing with views of what seemed to be the whole city; as we stayed in a suite and the window in the living room was a direct view of Grace Cathedral. I will defiantly be coming back due to the ambiance and quietness of the overall hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank luchtel123

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your kind words with our team.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 22, 2019

This was our stop on the final leg of our West Coast tour. Overall a good experience. But a word of caution to those who with brown skin. Your treatment at the service desk might differ, depending on who is attending to you. We had the 'pleasure' of being checked in by an individual who dismissed any clarification with an attitude that indicated that our opinions and queries don't count. The difference was very apparent when he checked in the next guest who was welcomed and also detailed on the facilities that the hotel had to offer. And our query was related to an additional breakfast, which if he bothered to check the system was already prepaid for. Luckily we were able to connect with another member of the service desk who was more receptive and sorted out the issue. We have stayed at Intercon properties before and live in city that offers the best in hospitality so this kind of behaviour is unacceptable... that said the rest of the service staff were professional and polite..

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Leena M
michaelpace, General Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

I am delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay. I apologize that your breakfast was not properly communicated to you and will speak to my team.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope you will give us the chance to serve you again.