2,750 results
All reviewsnob hillmark restaurantcable cargrace cathedralhistoric hotelunion squarethe club loungetop floorcalifornia streetper dayan older hotelhotel guestsan upgradewater pressurethe golden gate bridgecorner roomvalet parking
Reviewed December 5, 2017

Decent room, pleasant service and the pricing was OK. I like old-style hotels, and this was certainly old-style, and just a bit faded. Dining room shut early, or so it seemed to me. A West Coast thing?

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2017

PROs: kind, high standards service; very large room and bathroom with fine -old but fresh looking furniture; extraordinary location with direct access to two cable cars lines. Top of the Mark bar -unmatched 360o view; elegant lobby, with high ceiling and comfortable seating area.
CONs: small gym, underground; I am all for heritage and antiques, but at least the interiors of the elevators could be polished to remove scratches.
CONCLUSIONS: the high standards service, the cordiality of people gives life to this fine hotel. I do recommend staying here at least once in your trips to San Francisco.
This city has 3 main vintage properties that must be visited: The Fairmont, the next-door Intercontinental Mark Hopkins, the Palace hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
11  Thank Hedin
asmaramazur, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us and am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at ICMarkHopkins@ihg.com should you wish to discuss your experience further.

Reviewed December 2, 2017

I stayed in this hotel during a short trip to San Francisco in August, after visiting it on a couple of occasions in the past. It doesn't disappoint as being a perfect blend of old San Francisco and modern convenience with unbeatable views, right off the cable car, and everything you'd expect from a top-class hotel inside. The Top of the Mark gives it an edge over anywhere else in SF. Highly recommended for anyone just passing through or with a few days to spend in the Bay area.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
asmaramazur, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to visit Top of the Mark as well.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

We lucked out with a good holiday deal at the Intercontinental Mark. It wasn't cheap, but it was barely more than other chains in less desirable locations.

This hotel sets you back in time for sure. It's in decent condition but the luxury is wearing off for this time and age. It's more of a time machine than a luxury hotel these days.

We had a corner room with great views spanning two directions. But the room wasn't very large. The recently remodeled bathroom was nice and not too small. The bedding was pretty good matching the newer Intercontinental in Monterey where we had stayed a few days prior.

Our room came with a breakfast buffet. What we didn't know was that it was for two guests only, meaning our daughter's breakfast was some $40 extra each morning. It was a great buffet. Not as large as you'd have it at a Las Vegas hotel, but very tasty. It's probably worth the money if you are a buffet person.

The location of the hotel is great. Nob hill may not be what you think of first when you think of San Francisco, but it's a cool area to explore. The hotel has amazing views of the city. We didn't go to the bar at the top, but reportedly it offers some of the best views.

Chinatown is within walking distance and so is Union Square down the hill. The hillside is very steep. Getting around on foot takes some effort. All three of the vintage cable car lines pass by the hotel. They are $7 a ticket, but can get you places.

There was some confusion with the staff which we thought may have had to do with the extra staffing during the holidays. The new person at the reception desk told us there was self parking, but the head valet had to correct him. I enjoyed speaking with the valet. He's a very friendly guy who's been working at the hotel for almost thirty years.

Similarly, our breakfast check was $25 different on two different days, although we had exact same buffet. So it was small stuff like that and it all got sorted out.

Traveling with a kid, I'd probably rather stay at a place that has larger rooms and a pool. But this hotel is great for a grown-up getaway.

Room Tip: Even lower floors have good view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank lazybum02
asmaramazur, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay.
I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your time in San Francisco and have shared your comments regarding the communication with the respective departments.

I look forward to welcoming you all back soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2017

I stayed here while in town for a conference. I was happy with the stay overall. Despite the hotel being built so long ago, it had modern amenities and was in good condition. The size of the room was a surprise for such an old hotel. I thought it was quite spacious. It was clean and comfortable. My only complaints are that the tv channel selections were awful (what hotel doesn't even have HLN????) and the restaurant was outrageously priced. But overall, I had a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business