6 people are viewing this hotel
InterContinental
$194
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$194
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
travelup.com
$191
Expedia.com$194
Priceline$194
Trip.com$195
3,018 results
All reviews nob hill mark restaurant cable car grace cathedral union square top floor california street beautiful hotel an older hotel bit dated valet parking the financial district city concierge elevator cars bay
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

I needed a room for only one night. San Francisco seems to be ground zero for greedy hotel owners who push prices to the max when they can. On the Tuesday following Labor Day, I found this hotel online for $189.00, a bargain by San Fransisco standardize. I made the reservation using their website. Not a 3rd party booker.

I was given a "run of the house" room. That translated to a third floor room overlooking mechanical equipment.

So here's a suggestion. Talk up the customer who's checking in. Ask then what brings then to town. (They would have found out I was l lawyer on business and that I visit the city often).

How about giving that customer a better room and using the opportunity to establish a relationship with that customer who just might return in the future and, tell their friends about a great experience!

I left very underwhelmed. I did enjoy the Top of the Mark however. Very reasonable drink prices.

Bed was comfortable. Friendly staff.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded September 13, 2016

Thank you for staying at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins on your recent visit to San Francisco. I'm sorry you were disappointed with your room/location. We appreciate all guest feedback and will share it with the team as we can always improve our service levels.

We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future so we can change your first impression.

Kind Regards,

AndreaW
Front Office Team

Reviewed September 7, 2016

I've stayed at the Mark Hopkins a few times. The suites are amazing, standard rooms, well not so much! Great service. There is a wonderful old world "night club" called "At the Top of the Mark at the hotel. Don't miss it, its rich!

Room tip: Ask for a room that has been recently remodeled
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2016

My husband and I stayed here in August for a couple of nights. We were in need of rest in a beautiful setting. I requested a very quiet room and the room that was assigned to us was very quiet. Since it's an older hotel, we knew the bathroom would be small and it was. I wish there had been more storage in the bathroom, but it truly was a beautiful bathroom. I love the classic traditional style and the marble floor. It is so elegant! We upgraded to a king deluxe which was slightly larger than the standard king room. The carpet was plush and the furnishings were elegant and tasteful. Our bed was the most comfortable bed we've ever slept on, including our own! We were half-joking about loading the mattress onto the top of the car when we checked out!

The staff was friendly and quite helpful. Our check-in was quick and efficient. The valet service was impeccable.

My only complaint is the breakfast. It's San Francisco, so we knew breakfast would be expensive. We read that they had remodeled the restaurant, so we went with the expectation of a good but expensive breakfast. We were so disappointed! The breakfast here is too much money for too little food. I ordered the two egg scramble which was 24.00 and my eggs were on the runny side. My husband had the buffet. It was so weak! No cooked to order egg station, just scrambled eggs. The cheeses and fruits were depleted and not refilled. The offerings were very weak and he paid 32.00 for this! We would definitely stay here again, but we would skip eating breakfast here. There are plenty of other places to eat that offer a much better breakfast.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TRIPSTER077
Reviewed September 6, 2016

I cannot say enough about the staff at this hotel. We didn't need much service but whenever we did it was always with a big smile. The rooms are kept immaculate. I will always stay in an Intercontinental when possible. They aim to please and do that well.

Room tip: As high as you can. Wonderful views
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

This isn't the most modern or plush hotel but it's one of the most charming.

It has managed to maintain its historical heritage and still has that old money Sam Francisco vibe.

Small but lovely breakfast selection in a cosy restaurant. It's a homely place, really comfortable beds and good quality food.

Car parking is expensive but I guess that's the same everywhere in San Francisco? And small thing I would encourage you to stock more non dairy products at breakfast ( there must be enough of us who look for that now ?)

But very glad we chose this charming hotel.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnramsayoliver