Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
Arrived with several bags in a taxi from the airport. Not a bell-hop in sight. Struggled into the lobby with the bags, the reception staff just watched us no effort made to assist.
The receptionist was rudeness personified. Sure, we had a pre-paid rate, but that doesn't constitute any requirement for contempt in my opinion.
We had to wait over 30 minutes for luggage to be brought up. I tried to telephone, no response. Went down in person, bell-hop rude.
The room was very, very small. Bathroom was OK.
Top of the Mark bar has a lofty view, and prices to match.
We most certainly will not be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, IHG, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental