I loved this hotel. There were shops by reception and at the top of the hotel there was an amazing bar where we enjoyed cocktails looking out on the sparkling lights if San Francisco.
Our room was fairly high up the building and it was nice seeing cable cars go by in the day and watching a congregation of Chinese do their Tai-Chi on the top of a low building garden opposite!
The TV had "Welcome" (followed by our surname!) on it when we arrived.
San Francisco is a great place to visit and this was a great hotel to spend a few nights in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental