2,749 results
All reviewsnob hillmark restaurantcable cargrace cathedralhistoric hotelunion squarethe club loungetop floorcalifornia streetper dayan older hotelhotel guestsan upgradewater pressurethe golden gate bridgecorner roomvalet parking
Reviewed September 29, 2008

We stayed for one night after an international flight. We were so tired we stayed at the hotel for most of tour stay. We booked directly.
We have ambassador status and our upgrade request was honored.

1) Rooms 4/5 - This was a historic hotel and the rooms were designed that way with modern conveniences. The bathrooms had marble floors and granite tops. I did not like the tub area because it looked old. The views were great. The room was not as large even with the upgrade.

2) Customer service 5/5 - it was excellent, they checked us in early at 9 am. Porters were busy but tried to help as much as they can. Their concierge was helpful with directions and arranged an airport limo which was the same price as a cab ride.

3) Location 4/5 - excellent and safe but it was difficult to walk around due to the steep incline. Otherwise, Nob hill is a good place to be.

Overall, if you like historic hotels, this is one of them. Customer service is great and the views are one of the best in San Francisco.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank JedH
Reviewed September 25, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night during our travels in San Francisco. We actually got a great deal on the room through Priceline the morning of our stay! We were extremely pleasantly surprised with this beautiful hotel and had a hard time leaving too!

The staff there went above and beyond for us during our stay with recommending a fantastic sushi restaurant down the hill and even arranging for our very own car service to take us to the Italian District! I swear we felt like we had won some contest!

I would love to stay here again if we are ever back in the city and would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Recently, I traveled to San Fran for a conference and this is where we got to stay. The hotel itself was traditional in architecture and had up to date in-room amenities. The room was spacious and the views were decent. Wireless was expensive and spotty - why is it that the more expensive a hotel the more you pay for these types of services? Walking distance (although VERY hilly) to main attractions and great food. Service was on point but not overly impressive.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2008

I just returned from a business trip to my favorite city. The Mark Hopkins is a lovely old hotel at the top of Nob Hill. My room overlooked Grace Cathedral from the fourth floor. The views from the top floors and in particular the "Top of the Mark" restraurant and bar are awe inspiring. And the nice part is that you can enjoy the Top of the Mark without incurring the cost of the room!

The cable car goes right by the hotel on California Street so you have excellent options for getting to/from Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square. The latter is within walking distance but the walk back to the hotel is all uphill. And they are very steep hills!!

The room was clean, small but well appointed. The internet connection efficient. And I was able to extend my check out time with no problem.

If you are going for a meeting in one of their meeting rooms, where a jacket! You will be cold. The food was excellent.

There are so many wonderful hotels to chose from in San Francisco and the Mark Hopkins is one. That said, I would not spend my own money (because of the cost/value) on a stay there.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Located on Nob Hill, this hotel is the works for spectacular views of San Francisco.
I was lucky to have a room on the 17th floor with fanatastic views. The staff could not have been more helpful from check-in to departure. The Club Lounge on the ground floor was a relaxing space to read the newspaper and enjoy an evening night cap. The lounge staff were attentive and helpful (explaining where to catch the best sunsets and how to travel to particular tourist points).
The Top of the Mark restaurant is a must with far reaching views while you tuck into breakfast!
I enjoyed a very comfortable two night stay and would recommend this hotel and its staff!

• Stayed: June 2008