The location is awesome. The rooms nice and clean, though not too big. And the Top of the Mark has the best view in town. But this is not a five star hotel experience. Room service was spotty (at best) and certain amenities that I expect to be complimentary at a five star hotel were not (e.g. wifi). There were some nice perks, however, such as free shoe shine, car service to and from union square and the financial district (although the driver tried to collect a fair from me until I told him I knew the ride was a courtesy offered by the hotel - then he said he only wanted a tip, which I would have obviously given him anyway - so watch out there). Front desk and concierge service were helpful. If this hotel were not rated so high, my expectations may have been different, so while I would stay here again, I definitely wouldn't stay for a five star price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental