InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
The Scarlet Huntington(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Grant Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
White Swan Inn(San Francisco)
Petite Auberge(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
2,644 results
All reviewsnob hillmark restaurantcable cargrace cathedralunion squarehistoric hotelthe club loungetop floorcalifornia streetper dayan older hotelan upgradewater pressurecorner roomthe golden gate bridgevalet parkingfisherman's wharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My last night in SF was spent at the historical Mark Hopkins. I got a room high up and the view over town is great. The room was not very big, but OK. I didn't take any breakfast, as I found a great bakery 10 minutes away, where I went for both breakfast and lunch http://laboulangebakery.com/. I took a trip upstairs to the Top of the Mark , but just for the view. This is a great hotel , but they should offer a free PC in the lobby. At the moment there is a PC, but not free. I didn't mind the walking up the hills, as I think it's good to get some training !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel has such historic ties (not just swanky like the Fairmont next door) that though it may be showing its age a bit, just being able to stay in such a landmark place is an event in itself. All the staff we encountered were professional and accommodating during our stay. Our room/bed was clean and very comfortable with lovely views of the SF hills. The highlight was being able to simply take an elevator up to Top O' The Mark and watch the sunset while sipping a martini.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bay or the golden gate if you haven't visited SF before.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stayed here with my sister from 11/30-12/2. We had a very comfortable room and the staff was great. The lobby was decorated grandly for the holidays. My sister left her leather shoes out in a hotel bag one night(as advised by the hotel instructions) and by 9am the next morning, they were returned, polished and almost better than new! The staff got us the cabs we needed promptly. We went to the Top of the Mark for dessert and coffee one night and had wonderful service(and a great view of SF). This is an iconic, lovely SF hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Intercont certainly knows how to maintain its class. This is a beautiful hotel located at the top of Nob Hill with spectacular views from the room. Bear in mind that at this location any walk around the neighborhood would end up in a very steep climb to the hotel. The room itself was generous in space with a nice bathroom (shower only, but what a stream..!). At the top floor there is 'Top of the Mark', which I found nice for breakfast but mostly a tourist attraction at night (like the bar scene at the nearby Huntington hotel better). Surprisingly, there are no hot or cold beverages served in the lobby. As I left, I got a $140 charge for two nights parking, which is something to consider when you arrive with a car

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed at the here during the Dreamforce conference in November. I truly enjoyed my stay here, it was a gorgeous hotel with huge suite-like rooms with great views but being at the top of nob hill has its downfalls. if you are the type that walks everywhere when visiting a city, be prepared for the crazy incline climb when returning to your hotel. I did not mind the walk up the hill but my boyfriend certainly was winded half way up! The hotel is in a very nice location, just outside of the central hustle & bustle of union square and market street & is a short cab ride to wherever you need to go! I would definitely stay here again on a return to San Francisco. The staff were wonderful and provided excellent service!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business