InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
The Scarlet Huntington(San Francisco)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Grant Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
White Swan Inn(San Francisco)
Petite Auberge(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
2,659 results
All reviewsnob hillmark restaurantcable cargrace cathedralunion squarehistoric hotelthe club loungetop floorcalifornia streetper dayan older hotelan upgradewater pressurecorner roomthe golden gate bridgevalet parkingfisherman's wharf
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed there one night. Try to get a higher floor rooms (club), otherwise you might end up in a very small and no view room. Club rooms comes with complimentary breakfast which is good and the food good.
Club rooms are decent size and just average in terms of decoration. Basically you wont remember anything in the room once you leave the room.
Be prepared to take cable car, drive or dare to walk to the hotel because it is located on top of a hill.

Room Tip: Higher Floor (Club rooms)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
David V, Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not more memorable as we do strive to create a sense of association for all of our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the hotel staff. Thank you again for your review.

Kind Regards,

David Valencia
Assistant Manager – Front Office

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel, as you might expect, is nice and clean. Friendly staff. Room was spacious but NO free WiFi. Location not that great. I would opt in for a union square location next time, and was quite a hike up to nob hill. Cabs were readily available and accessible, if need. Not many restaurant choices in and around the hotel either.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a very well managed property! The staff is distinguished not only by their competence, but also by their humanity. That goes for the maintenance personnel to those who front their guests personally. Thus, the well-kept facilities become secondary to the professional care for hotel guests.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2013

In my business life I have learnt that clients rarely get upset about the cost of the big items, it's the little things that make the difference. An expensive hotel that has all the advantages of grand old architecture and location but fails to deliver a true guest experience can never be considered to be a great hotel. The Mark Hopkins fails to deliver a true guest service experience, it fails miserably on the "little things" that makes the difference between feeling like just a paying customer and a valued guest.

I can overlook the really noisy toilet flushing during the night from adjoining rooms. I can overlook the noise through the door of the adjoining room. But I cannot overlook the following things that made feel me not valued as a guest -

1. I was tired and wanted a quick dinner in the hotel restaurant. When I rang to reserve a table I was told in a very rude manner " we don't accept reservations and the current wait is 40 minutes" ...and was hung up on.

2. No complimentary water. $6.50 a bottle.

3. Only enough complimentary cream and sugar for one cup of coffee each.

4. Tiny bath towels.

5. The light continental buffet breakfast, expensive for what it is, has a sign the instructs guests that that may only take 2 baked items!

Compared to the room cost these little things are insignificant. But it is the little things that make a guest feel valued. I did not feel valued at the Mark Hopkins.

Let me suggest the hotel as a whole take a lead from our housekeeper Nancy who left a personal note thanking me for my tip. Thank you Nancy, you were the only Mark Hopkins employee that made me feel I was appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Brischris,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the Value prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were truly pleased to see your high scores for the Cleanliness and Rooms. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We booked rooms for a wedding party and they made the stay perfect for us. We were upgraded to a beautiful suite with panoramic views of the city. The suite was very nicely appointed...all marble finishings. All of what you would expect from a San Francisco traditional hotel...and one of the big four names...Hopkins! The Top of the Mark had incredible views...though we were a bit surprised by the lack of appointments up there. We were also surprised that they only offered buffet breakfast so left the property for breakfast.

Room Tip: Expensive...but worth a special experience.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple