Alas "The Mark" has really outlived it's time and should be razed. This was my first time staying at this famous landmark. The lobby while attractive, is remarkably tiny. My room was #1433 and while comfortable and fully functional with great views, the bathroom was really too small and cramped. In fact I can't imagine how the city plumbing inspector allowed such cramping of the sink overlapping both the toilet and tub. I kept bumping into it every time I got in and out of the shower. More importantly - there wasn't even room on the tiny glass shelf for my toiletries which I had to set up on the room desk! On the plus side, the mattress was great and bed well provisioned with fluffy pillows. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a wide array of fare. Overall though I have to rate as poor given the lack of amenities offered at the property such as would be expected at a famous landmark. Special note: Wi-Fi is a ripoff at $11.95 p/d.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental