Hotel is located on top of the hill at Nob Hill. Google said only 15 min walk from Powell Bart station to hotel, but it was all up hill. I would have taken a taxi but couldn't find one.
Check in was prompt and efficient. Jen at the front was very friendly and helpful. I was upgraded to Junior Suite. Although the view from 3rd floor was limited, the quality of the room made up for it. Jen mentioned that there was a live music that night at the bar. There was a $10 cover charge but is waived if you are a guest. We were too tired from walking up hill to make it to the show, so can't comment on the quality of the performance.
Location is fantastic. Within walking distance of Chinatown and Union Square (all down hill). It would have been nice to have a car, but the overnight parking is $60 a night. Also finding parking spots at the local attractions is very difficult.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental