I recently enjoyed a family trip to the bay and booked the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins. It has all the classic elegance of a luxury hotel but showed some wear and tear. The rooms were typical for the city but may be slightly smaller than The Omni and Hotel Palomar. Otherwise, the beds were extremely soft with feather top mattresses and service was excellent. Room service was especially prompt and included some nice touches.
We traveled with a small child and while this hotel is centrally located to union square, it's exact locale, at the top of nob hill made it a more difficult walk when returning to the room. There is a nice park within a block of the hotel, as well as the trolley. Parking is also rather pricey, even for this type of hotel at $57 per day.
The top of the Mark is a great place for a drink and spectacular views of the city, so I've made stops here even when not staying at this hotel. If you're interested in staying at a newer and more modern hotel, the other intercontinental hotel in the city would probably be a better choice. All in all it was a good stay but depending on your preferences there are plenty of other choices in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental