We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights.
Our first impression was the receptionist who was rude and everything was an issue to help us with. Not a good first impression for such a famous historical hotel.
The rooms were large and the bed was very comfortable.
The hotel is on the top of the hill and therefore has a lovely view if you stay for new years for the fireworks. But staying on top of the hill is also VERY tiring as you need to wait for a tram or walk up the hill. All the shops are down the hill. China town is just a short walk away and it really does feel like China.
Hiring a car is inexpensive but the parking is US$54 per day (including TAX) and you cant park on the street as there is no parking available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental