This is a nice, quiet, clean hotel, with comfortable beds, in a central location. It's not over-the-top luxurious or pretentious, but it's well-run, with a helpful staff, free NY Times, etc. We got a price that I consider a pretty good value. But our deal didn't include breakfast, which was a problem; the only in-hotel option was the Top of the Mark, a fine buffet in a gorgeous setting but very expensive. There are places down the hill, of course, and the Big Four restaurant in the Huntington is less costly. Nob Hill is very steep, but fortunately there are cable cars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental