Great historic hotel, nicely upgraded. Very comfortabe bed. We asked for and received a room near the elevator and didn't hear it at all. We were on the 8th floor so only heard an occasional cable car which added to the charm of the place.
Top of the Mark was a bit dissapointing, the noise level was very high but we were there on a Saturday night at 7 pm so that was probably one of their busier times.
The staff were all very helpful and the complimentary use of the towncar to take us back to the train station was a nice perk.
As previous reviewers had noted, the main faults were the high internet charge and lack of a sundries shop to buy a soda, snacks etc.
There was a Sunday breakfast off the lobby but other than that the only dining option is Top of the Mark. The bellman did say there was a soda machine in the garage area, we didn't drive so went across the street to the Fairmont to get odds and ends in their gift shop.
Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels with a long legacy of service excellence. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental