We got a good deal on this hotel for the day after Christmas. I thought the room was nicer than the ones we've been in at the Fairmont next door, or at least a little newer looking, though possibly smaller. The view from the top floor is really breath-taking, and our room also had a great view. The location is at the top of the hill, so you'll get a lot of exercise, but within walking distance to Chinatown, Little Italy, multiple BART stations, etc.
The service left a little to be desired, but that's not really a deal-breaker. The hostess of the top floor restaurant was annoyingly aloof, and we had to wait a while at check-out while the front desk girl was on the phone for a long time. I'm also not really a fan of hotels that charge your credit card with a "deposit" upon check-in for incidentals, which seems unnecessary, or hotels that charge a lot for internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental