I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins in San Francisco. I am a female, solo business traveller and I felt very safe and secure at the hotel. I stayed on the 11th floor and my room had a beautiful view, a very comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom. The room was immaculate and very quiet. The Top of the Mark was very nice for lunch (although the atmosphere was a bit "cold") but I found myself missing a cozy bar/restaurant in the lobby of the hotel. The walk up and down to Union Square is always great to get the heart rate going. I met three "older" ladies on my way up one night and they were having a bit of a hard time. This might not be the best location if you cannot walk steep hills, up or down. SF is a walking city and you do not want to always rely on taxi's. I walked from the hotel over to the Marina district (Chestnut Street) and it was fabulous. Make sure you try the Slanted Door for dinner one night in the Ferry Building. It is fantastic. I would stay at the Mark Hopkins again, it is a lovely SF hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental