I was expecting a grand experience based on all I heard of the Mark Hopkins. Perhaps the bar was set too high.The staff is well trained and very helpful. The bathroom was almost as large as the bedroom, which is saying more about how small the bedroom is. Lots of noise from the street. Get a room off the street. There are rooms with better views than others; make sure you get one at check in. There is a shortage of electrical outlets if you need to work at the desk. My room was dated and neither had the charm of an old hotel or the benefits of a renovated room. There are hotels with a better location. The hotel is not worth paying a premium for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental