This old building is full of class and history. Very elegant. The rooms are clean and with great views of the city. Don't expect minimalist forniture, it wouldn't match the decor!
Is hard to imagine a classier hotel... Imagine! it has a Mercedes Benz with a driver that can give you a ride wherever you want in the nearby area... we felt awesome when he took us to Morton's for dinner.
Hotel is in the top of a steep hill, you can walk to union square but the way back with your shopping bags or high heels will take you some time. The cable car stops in the corner, so is an option if you don't wanna walk or don't have the time.
Everyone is very friendly and truely care about your needs. We did not use the food services since the city is full of great places to eat.
I would stay here again on my next visit to SF. This is not the cheapest hotel, so I recommend to do a bit of research before since prices may change from one website to another.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HISTORIC GRANDEUR ON THE CREST OF NOB HILL As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city’s finest hotels. Located at the crossing of three cable car lines, the venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial District. Fisherman’s Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are short drives away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Intercontinental San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental